Well The Blazer Broke Down..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
I'd rather just completely get rid of that damn egr

Lol do it.

Here they look around your engine to see if your emission equipment is there.

I glued my egr valve to my intake last summer :rotflmao:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Lol do it.

Here they look around your engine to see if your emission equipment is there.

I glued my egr valve to my intake last summer :rotflmao:

Yeah if all they is a visual, its easy to fake them out on EGR. Glue it down on the intake, put a screw inside the vac line so its plugged off, then hook it to the EGR and hook to some vac port anywhere and it works cuz you blocked it off so you no vac leak. I've seen a guy before, had a seized AIR pump aka smog pump. He put the belt on it loosly and had greased the pulley so the belt would slip it around it. The inspector never caught that the pulley wasn't turning. Only obvious with 3 bolts on the front of it not moving. :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
well after replacing all those sensors (including temp sensor) it was just the egr valve. It was stuck. After a little tapping and finessing,and some wd40,we put it back on and it ran better than it ever has! Unfortunately when i took it down the road it stuck again and i had to tap on it to make the truck run to get back home. Oh well,getting a egr block off plate tomorrow.
No farkin ****? Take notes people. :popcorn:

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Yeah if all they is a visual, its easy to fake them out on EGR. Glue it down on the intake, put a screw inside the vac line so its plugged off, then hook it to the EGR and hook to some vac port anywhere and it works cuz you blocked it off so you no vac leak. I've seen a guy before, had a seized AIR pump aka smog pump. He put the belt on it loosly and had greased the pulley so the belt would slip it around it. The inspector never caught that the pulley wasn't turning. Only obvious with 3 bolts on the front of it not moving. :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

Hell the AIR fittings on my headers are fake :roflbow:

Even glued the little water temp switch for the egr to the intake

Was awesome :roflbow:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Whatever it takes...... :lol:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That's all that matters. Its visually there. No kidding, I have seen a guy hang a cat converter with coat hangers under his truck and the tech passed him. didn't even have pipe going thru it. The tech caught it and laughed his ass off, and said, well, all I do is visual inspections, and there is a cat there, so it passed. This was back when OK did safety inspections. All they had to do as far as emmisions was see that EGR was there, Cat was there, and Check Engine light was not on. That's it. I even seen a tech tell a guy, go around the block and pull the bulb out of your Check Engine light and come back. I thnk this is one reason they quit doing safety inspections. They were worthless. Techs made no money doing them, they only cost $5 so WTH. Pass everyone unless it was a dangerous situation like bad brakes or smashed windshiled in line of sight. If all your lights worked, horn worked, you had some brake pedal, you passed.

87BlazerBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 350
egr is completely blocked off,and my check engine light went off,and the blazer is running amazing

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
egr is completely blocked off,and my check engine light went off,and the blazer is running amazing
That's why I disconnected mine after the emmisions inspection was done!!! :High 5:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That's why I disconnected mine after the emmisions inspection was done!!! :High 5:

Wrong Answer 89. IF you are leaving that EGR unplugged, and its not moving at all now, it is getting carboned up like no other, and it will be stuck closed. A PROPERLY working EGR valve should be left alone. He blocked his off cuz it was not working, so he noticed a differance. IF you got it, and its working, leave it hooked up. IF its not working, then take it off and block it off or replace it. You won't pass next inspection if they vac test it, cuz its not going to open now.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Wrong Answer 89. IF you are leaving that EGR unplugged, and its not moving at all now, it is getting carboned up like no other, and it will be stuck closed. A PROPERLY working EGR valve should be left alone. He blocked his off cuz it was not working, so he noticed a differance. IF you got it, and its working, leave it hooked up. IF its not working, then take it off and block it off or replace it. You won't pass next inspection if they vac test it, cuz its not going to open now.
Mine runs like **** when it's hooked up and it was replaced last year. Mine iwll idle when it is hooked up but falls on it's face and almost stalls under light throttle/accerlation. I don't know why.

87BlazerBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 350
I have no emissions testing where i'm at. So **** it

Latest posts