Video: 30" long X 6" round case Magnaflow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Hey Guys,
Got a little bored, so I did a little video for the sound of the Magnaflow that I just installed to replace the Walker Quietflow replacement that was too loud( yeah, i know....wtf?)
At some point, I will be installing another muffler on the up side of the tail pipe, to get as stealthy quiet as possible.
The exhaust on this Truck has been totally replaced with an 87-91 Walker 3" system, and new Dorman TBI exhaust manifolds.
The engine is stock TBI, save for the comp cam 12-388-4, which required some chip tuning to get rid if the low idle surge.
The surge was caused by the lower vacuum of the cam, which surprised me, because its not much of a step up from stock TBI. Made it run pig rich at idle.
Idle speed also had to be raised for best idle also.
This Magnaflow is a pretty easy install, if you have factory 3" exhaust, just add an extra 2" length of pipe on either end, and it will clamp right up.
You must be registered for see images attach

Video: http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r183/jameslleary/cafb8f77.mp4

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Hey Guys,
Got a little bored, so I did a little video for the sound of the Magnaflow that I just installed to replace the Walker Quietflow replacement that was too loud( yeah, i know....wtf?)
At some point, I will be installing another muffler on the up side of the tail pipe, to get as stealthy quiet as possible.
The exhaust on this Truck has been totally replaced with an 87-91 Walker 3" system, and new Dorman TBI exhaust manifolds.
The engine is stock TBI, save for the comp cam 12-388-4, which required some chip tuning to get rid if the low idle surge.
The surge was caused by the lower vacuum of the cam, which surprised me, because its not much of a step up from stock TBI. Made it run pig rich at idle.
Idle speed also had to be raised for best idle also.
This Magnaflow is a pretty easy install, if you have factory 3" exhaust, just add an extra 2" length of pipe on either end, and it will clamp right up.

Video: http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r183/jameslleary/cafb8f77.mp4

C'mon man!!! Let's hear some commentary, let these other guys hear that sexy voice of yours!! :roflbow:

She looks damn good on video man, those rims are sweet!!! :High 5:

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I have been pondering these Cragar Black D windows lately, limit the chrome to a nice new set of lug nuts, and center caps, and if thats not enough, I think I could find some beauty rings to snap on like this guy did.

Guardian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
c 10
Engine Size
My wheels are black and looks like a beauty ring but it is the way they are made.

Attachments

• 8-2-2012 047.jpg
    8-2-2012 047.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 81

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Damn muffler is about as long as the driveshaft. It should be quiet. I like my quiet rounds on the C20, not sure what brand they are though. Maybe even OEM.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Damn muffler is about as long as the driveshaft. It should be quiet. I like my quiet rounds on the C20, not sure what brand they are though. Maybe even OEM.

Judging from the pics you posted way back when, they are OEM. 2-1/2" inlets, and 2" outlets. and there are longitudinal lines in the cases. Kinda what current AP mufflers look like.
This Magnaflow is just a tad quieter than the QF, length does play a big part.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Lol, too quite. A nice set of open headers cruising the strip is just what everyone would like to see.

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
I have been pondering these Cragar Black D windows lately, limit the chrome to a nice new set of lug nuts, and center caps, and if thats not enough, I think I could find some beauty rings to snap on like this guy did.

I love Rich's truck.... So clean!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man