Useing the center console as a box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19Blazer80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer 4x4
Engine Size
In my K5 Blazer I wondered if I could use my center console as a box (speaker holder really)

The only place I have without making my own holes is the center dash 4x10 (which turned to dust when I touched it)

I was thinking a 6x9 aiming to the front and back and maybe 6 1/2s on the sides of it. They would be aimed more at the seat but idk, they might be loud enough.

Has anyone done this? Any reason not to?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Good idea. But I have to admit I felt horrible just adding the 12V ports to mine in the back just because of nostalgic reasons. But that is life. Live it or make a reason for it or just let it go.

19Blazer80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer 4x4
Engine Size
I hear ya 89, I'm going to look into other options before I cut into it. I just wonder if anyones done it and how it turned out

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Can you find a used one somewhere for a reasonable price? If you can find another one to modify, and keep your original one nice, that would be the way I would go. You won't feel bad about hacking it up, and if you don't like it, put the original back in. Are you handy enough to fab up a custom console? Take your original out so you can get good measurements and make a custom console.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD