USA-1 Seat Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soundmound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I have a new, never used set in Saddle Tan that I’ll sell to anyone in the Houston area. I’d rather not go through the packing/shopping trouble. They’re from USA1 and are beautiful. I couldn’t use/return them because when it was time to install them, two years had passed and they didn’t fit because I had seats from a 1980 and the set I ordered were for 81-87. I had also ordered a new foam bench seat which also wouldn’t work.
Well, I need a saddle tan set for my '84, but I'm in the Upper Left, USA. If you change your mind about shipping and the price is right let me know.

WFarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
350 tbi
USA-1 newest update on dash kit ordered in July:

Unfortunately, with material and supply chain issues there have been numerous delays resulting in extended lead times. We cannot provide an accurate ETA at this time. If you do not want to leave an item on backorder please consider canceling and reordering when they become available. Our apologies.

mstumpf

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
I have a new, never used set in Saddle Tan that I’ll sell to anyone in the Houston area. I’d rather not go through the packing/shopping trouble. They’re from USA1 and are beautiful. I couldn’t use/return them because when it was time to install them, two years had passed and they didn’t fit because I had seats from a 1980 and the set I ordered were for 81-87. I had also ordered a new foam bench seat which also wouldn’t work.
Hi Texasmike, I just saw this and if you still have the set, I'd love to buy it from you. Im restoring an 87 Sierra classic with my son.

1980_L7

Reaction score
First Name
Herman
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
400 sbc
I hear you. Have gotten quite a few parts from them but very few were quick to ship. Dash ordered July 28 and still waiting......
I ordered a dash cover from them June 20th and was told 12-16 wait time, no big deal I had time since my truck was gonna be down for a while. After 18 weeks (October) I emailed to check status and was told it was going to ship in the next 7-10 days….6 weeks go by and nothing so I followed up and was told again that it would ship in the next week. Another 6 weeks go by and still nothing, so I check in again and now I’m told it’s 4-6 weeks until it’s ready. F*ck that place

Last edited:

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
I’m receiving similar feedback from skyjacker on four shocks I purchased on cyber Monday. I hope this doesn’t linger like USA1. USA1 has crazy prices as well, spend too much and get worked, I will never be that desperate to put up with that. I bet they gather as many orders as possible to get a vendor discounted volume price so the make a larger profit margin. Yesterday, I see $800 plastic door panels that likely cost less than $100 to manufacture, none in stock either, STUPID!

vr1967

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Virgil
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
6.2L turbo
I’m receiving similar feedback from skyjacker on four shocks I purchased on cyber Monday. I hope this doesn’t linger like USA1. USA1 has crazy prices as well, spend too much and get worked, I will never be that desperate to put up with that. I bet they gather as many orders as possible to get a vendor discounted volume price so the make a larger profit margin. Yesterday, I see $800 plastic door panels that likely cost less than $100 to manufacture, none in stock either, STUPID!
Hate you are having issues with Skyjacker, as I’ve always had good luck with them. Luckily I am only 2.5 hrs from them, and also have family in Monroe.

See if there is any way you can talk to Lonnie Jr or Cindy. They are the children of the founder and part owners. Not sure if Mr Lonnie (Sr) or Mrs Nell are retired from the business or not.

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
USA-1 newest update on dash kit ordered in July:

Unfortunately, with material and supply chain issues there have been numerous delays resulting in extended lead times. We cannot provide an accurate ETA at this time. If you do not want to leave an item on backorder please consider canceling and reordering when they become available. Our apologies.

If a business commits to selling items dependent on only one supplier, or in many cases from overseas/China they put a lot of their eggs in one basket and risk, well, what we are seeing here.
I would hope USA1 is not dependent on China.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If a business commits to selling items dependent on only one supplier, or in many cases from overseas/China they put a lot of their eggs in one basket and risk, well, what we are seeing here.
I would hope USA1 is not dependent on China.
Last time I spoke to Randy he said their stuff was made in Taiwan but they wanted to move it all back to the US. That was almost 4yrs ago. Apparently they aren't any quicker with that either.

Last edited:

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
53 weeks ago i place my order, got most items, good stuff, still holding for door panels, dash and visors. I just hope it is good quality and eventually does show up at my door.

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I do my own upholstry, but if I did not, I just did a search in my area on FB Marketplace for "Chevy Truck Seat Covers" and these two places popped up, among others. $400 complete with your old seat.
There were several other similar people/businesses selling them too. Just me speaking, but I'm not giving any company 6 months to a year of my time for their promise.
You must be registered for see images attach

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I do my own upholstry, but if I did not, I just did a search in my area on FB Marketplace for "Chevy Truck Seat Covers" and these two places popped up, among others. $400 complete with your old seat.
There were several other similar people/businesses selling them too. Just me speaking, but I'm not giving any company 6 months to a year of my time for their promise.

When you do your own upholstery, does that include making new foam cushions also? I really like the 96-97 bench style with the headrests and fold down armrest. Always wondered if that could just be fabbed/incorporated into my original rather than messing with a 60/40 setup.

There's a REALLY good shop across town here - was wondering if thats even something that is doable.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Upholstery is very easy ! CJ Pony Parts has many styles and colors in stock and readily available. Same quality as all the other Vendors $339.00

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size

Does anyone know who makes these covers with the logo's on them? Are these pic's from 2 different upholstery shops? It looks like the same manufacturer of the covers, I'd like to check them out. My interior is Charcoal, but I have one cover that is black, and one charcoal that I'm trying to decide which one to use. The charcoal one I have looks too light though, and some black ones are lighter, looking more charcoal so I may go that route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linemanjl