Under Hood 12 Switched Power Source 84 C-10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ronno6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Now that I (finally) got my fast idle solenoid mounted (3rd try on the bracket) I an searching for a switched power source under the hood.
Without checking, I had thought that the blue wire connected to my choke was powered, as the choke seems to work properly.
Wrong.........
The fuse is good.

So, as I pretty much have all my under the hood wires coiled up and hanging from the master cylinder in anticipation of the paint shop,
where might I find the most convenient place to connect my solenoid?

Last edited:

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Now that I (finally) got my fast idle solenoid mounted (3rd try on the bracket) I an searching for a switched power source under the hood.
Without checking, I had thought that the blue wire connected to my choke was powered, as the choke seems to work properly.
Wrong.........

So, as I pretty much have all my under the hood wires coiled up and hanging from the master cylinder in anticipation of the paint shop,
where might I find the most convenient place to connect my solenoid?
I just added one back onto my 1980 K25. I just used the light green AC compressor apply wire to activate mine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey