U bolt size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78squared

Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hi everybody, I'm at work and trying to get u bolts so I can install my flip kit. I know they are 8" long but I need to know the axle tube diameter and diameter of the threads. Would greatly appreciate some help. Thanks in advance. Truck is a 78 c10

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
I don't think it truly matters but 78 was a bit of a crossover year so it is possible it could either have a 10 bolt or 12 bolt axle in it. Your looking for a 3 inch axle from what and I think the ubolt diameter is 9/16 but you might want to cross check some part #'s at Rockauto or some similar parts store to double check. I think unless you have something weird going on that even with the drop setup you should still be able to easily use stock Ubolts and nuts.

78squared

Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I actually was able to get a part number and found some. I actually work at a Cadillac dealership. Our parts guy was working for gm back in the early 80's but our catalog doesn't go back that far. He called a buddy who has an old school parts book and got me the information. I appreciate the response though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianbones