Turn signal issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I think you might only need to replace the canceling cam. Like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

Never mind the extra cost, changing that switch is a wicked PITA! The cam is screwed to the switch and can be changed with the switch in place.

Here I am changing one a few years ago. I don't remember doing it, but the picture proves that I did:

I have a bunch of pictures showing how to access the cam - but it is not hard. Just pull the horn button and steering wheel. I think it's the first thing you'll see.

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
quote: Here I am changing one a few years ago. I don't remember doing it, but the picture proves that I did:

You'll get used to forgetting things.

And I am also confident all he needs is the cancelling cam.

aGood'olBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Well I need to put a new ignition cylinder in anyways. For some reason I thought there was return springs that attached to the cancelling cam to reset the turn signals. I don't know why I think this as I've never had one apart...

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
You're right, there are 2 springs used as you descibed. They are indicated below. You need to remove the ones you have now and transplant them into the new cam - they don't come with.

This is one of those items that is best to get from the JY. The OEM versions rarely fail and the aftermarket versions don't always fit/work right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charkmapman