Turbo troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lobster guy Earl

Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra deluxe
Engine Size
4.8 LS
I have an 86 GMC sierra deluxe. I’m in the market to put a turbo kit on the 4.8 LS swap that I had done. I’ve been searching for about a week and I have had really no luck finding any complete kit that I feel comfortable using without more information. No one seems to have many answers From any phone calls I’ve made about turbo kit on an LS engine in a 86 GMC. ANY knowledge that anybody is willing to pass down would be greatly appreciated. $2000-$2500 budget. Of course if I could get something good for less I would entertain that thought as well(Extra coin for other parts is always nice). I have not changed the Cam pushrods or springs So I’m not looking for a huge turbo kit. I figure I can always put more power in later. Thanks for any help. I’ve just started getting into working on trucks and I really don’t have a lot of knowledge but I do like to learn and I pick up quickly. Look forward to any responses.

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
What are your plans with the truck and what are you doing for a tranny?