Turbo 350 Disassembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I'd like to know that too, most are too sloppy so I made my own, made my own slide hammer and clutch pack compressors too.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd like to know that too, most are too sloppy so I made my own, made my own slide hammer and clutch pack compressors too.
I too made my own slide hammer out of all thread. Have made my own clutch spring compressors before until I got my Haggerty Snapress. I use 2 Liter bottle or old radiator hose and hose clamps for ring resizers. I've made my own bushing drivers out of wood and hole saw bits. They're only good for 2-3 uses though. Those kits are high dollar and as you said, many are sloppy fitting. I've got a buddy in So Cali with a lathe. He's got the big kit and he still makes his own on the lathe. I wish I had a lathe and some talent to operate it properly.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I too made my own slide hammer out of all thread. Have made my own clutch spring compressors before until I got my Haggerty Snapress. I use 2 Liter bottle or old radiator hose and hose clamps for ring resizers. I've made my own bushing drivers out of wood and hole saw bits. They're only good for 2-3 uses though. Those kits are high dollar and as you said, many are sloppy fitting. I've got a buddy in So Cali with a lathe. He's got the big kit and he still makes his own on the lathe. I wish I had a lathe and some talent to operate it properly.
I got a small air/hydraulic press that I use for clutch packs and installing bushings and **** on drums, quick and effortless..

Jason Deckard

THE KVAN 4x4 MAN
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Pathfinder KVAN 4x4 highly modified. Built...not bought
Engine Size
Ramjet 350, NV4500 manual, 3.73, Atlas II
All my transmission tools are made by trans-tool. I have a master set and is good for most gm, ford, and Chrysler 3 speed trans, and power glides too. I bought them 25 years ago thru a mac tools distributor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave