Truck won't start...any ideas while I'm stuck in class?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wagonman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Check the 2 small wires from the pickup coil to the ign module.I have seen them crack inside the insulation due to the back and forth movement of the vaccum advance.They usually break closest to the pickup.Give them a little tug and see what happens.Also check the pickup coil resistance with a DVOM.Cant remember the spec but it should not be open ckt. Hope this helps..

TheBigTater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry for the delay on updates. Life got kinda crazy, my bro was in a bad motorcycle wreck so the truck took a backseat for a bit. I ended up just saying Eff it and threw in a new billet HEI (chinese ebay special). Runs like a scalded cat now. Thanks for all the replies and the help fellas!

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Glad you got it running right but I hope you didn't throw the old one away. Betcha a dollar to a donut it was the pickup coil, way down deep under everything, if you never replaced it. You can also grind the teeth off the cam gear and use it as a primer for a freshly rebuilt engine.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Hey guys, sorry for the delay on updates. Life got kinda crazy, my bro was in a bad motorcycle wreck so the truck took a backseat for a bit. I ended up just saying Eff it and threw in a new billet HEI (chinese ebay special). Runs like a scalded cat now. Thanks for all the replies and the help fellas!
Sorry to hear about your brother man. Thanks for the update.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snips71