Transfer case seal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
uumm anytime gas runs down you is a bad thing, might wanna fix that first lol.

eh my rear end has a leak like yours, I changed the pinion seal and it still leaks. my ouput leaks too, just not like yours to where it flings on crap.

Of course if you want to get into it, my trans leaks, somewhere around the shift shaft seal,(new seal and rtv, no go) then my trans a t-case leak where they meet and it's new seals there they just don't seem to mate fully for some reason.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
uumm anytime gas runs down you is a bad thing, might wanna fix that first lol.

eh my rear end has a leak like yours, I changed the pinion seal and it still leaks. my ouput leaks too, just not like yours to where it flings on crap.

Of course if you want to get into it, my trans leaks, somewhere around the shift shaft seal,(new seal and rtv, no go) then my trans a t-case leak where they meet and it's new seals there they just don't seem to mate fully for some reason.

ahahha, yeah, even after bleeding the pressure out of the fuel system , when you crack the lines open on that FF, still got plenty of gas to gravity drain down, phuckin sucked.

I got to try that sleeve and seal kit on the end of the 241c/slipjoint when I get the cash and see if that stops that leak, until then, just got to keep an eye on the fluid level.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Mine leaks pretty good and I have no intentions of fixing it. Having to occasionally add fluid is a small price to pay for having a portion of the truck stay rust-free.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Mine leaks pretty good and I have no intentions of fixing it. Having to occasionally add fluid is a small price to pay for having a portion of the truck stay rust-free.

Yeah but look at my catalytic converter, looks like bird broppings of fluid piled up, phukin thing is gonna catch fire, lol. I better upgrade my insuarnce policy, let this thing blow up, and get a Dodge. :roflbow: :roflbow:

:mfr_omg:

You must be registered for see images

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
You've been spewing out that "D" word a lot lately...

I ditched the convertor on mine years ago and never looked back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigboytko