torque converter lockup not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
good to know! yes i have cruise. its not working now cuz i dont have all the vacuum hoses connected, but was fully functional before. If cruise control works, then this would not be the problem correct? All I need to do is put a hose to the vacuum reservior to test, the rest is still there. stupid hose split and just haven't spent the time to fix.

incorrect. I did have cruise and it didn't work. I then ripped it all out but you have to leave the cruise control brake switch. It has the vacuum port which you wont need if you take it out but also has two electrical leads. One for cruise and one for lockup. The contacts for the "closed" portion of the switch would not touch on mine, hence no lockup. This is what confirmed that the pedal is not depressed and lockup can occur. You need to make sure the switch works as functioned.

When the pedal is not depressed, one set of contacts will be open, that is the cruise part. The other should be closed, that is the lockup. When brake is pressed, they reverse roles. Plunger opens the lockup contacts and closes the cruise.

guitarfreak235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
86 86
Truck Model
k10 c20
Engine Size
350 350
incorrect. I did have cruise and it didn't work. I then ripped it all out but you have to leave the cruise control brake switch. It has the vacuum port which you wont need if you take it out but also has two electrical leads. One for cruise and one for lockup. The contacts for the "closed" portion of the switch would not touch on mine, hence no lockup. This is what confirmed that the pedal is not depressed and lockup can occur. You need to make sure the switch works as functioned.

When the pedal is not depressed, one set of contacts will be open, that is the cruise part. The other should be closed, that is the lockup. When brake is pressed, they reverse roles. Plunger opens the lockup contacts and closes the cruise.

Ah, I think i got you now. I'll definitely need to check that out thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84