Time to grow GMSB again !!! GMSqaurbody.com on FB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Why on this thread? It's about promoting the site.

Let me guess. Somebody went on a I hate Facebook rant? That's the only thing I can think of.

I'm literally LMFAO while typing this trying to see why somebody would be mad.

Oh well I got a good laugh I don't know what even happen. Still lol
Actully it was a Political Extremist !!! One of the few Trump supporters that Trump wouldn't want his type of support. He's a hater of Democrats and apparantly thought I was a Dem supporter and of course we know FB leans all the way liberal. So you're on the right track with hating FB because he hates liberals and a Tim McVeigh supporter. I don't like getting into the name calling, but when you're a POS, you're a POS. We'll leave it at that and carry on to use FB to promote our forum and bring people here.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Actully it was a Political Extremist !!! One of the few Trump supporters that Trump wouldn't want his type of support. He's a hater of Democrats and apparantly thought I was a Dem supporter and of course we know FB leans all the way liberal. So you're on the right track with hating FB because he hates liberals and a Tim McVeigh supporter. I don't like getting into the name calling, but when you're a POS, you're a POS. We'll leave it at that and carry on to use FB to promote our forum and bring people here.

That sort of behavior IS by liberal design to make trump supporters look like cave dwellers :mad:

Oh well.
Thanks for taking out the trash.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'll be first to admit, I do my share of smack talking. But I damn sure don't push the hate. You can certainly disagree with anyone whether it be political, religious, sexual orientation and anything else but no need to hate. You don't like a certain type of people, don't hang out with them. Not like you have to invite them over for Thanksgiving dinner. You do your thing, they can do theirs. Damn sure don't have to take lives or injure people over your hate either. For example, I too totally disagree with what happened in Waco and what our government allowed to happen and how ATF handled it, but that damn sure doesn't make it OK to blow up a building and kill 168 innocent people who most of likely disagreed too, and injure 100's of others for life that are now living blind, deaf, missing limbs, brain damaged and vegetables, emotionally traumatized for life etc. But that POS thought it was OK and justified. That's what kind of loose nut that was.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
?

I miss all the good ****. Lol

Apparently I did as well.

Tried helping who I believe was the problem here. Some bolts are stripped and no amount of tightening is going to help.

Oh well, at least we got to see some nice woodwork. :cool:

We do now

You must be registered for see images attach

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
I had my own little turning point here (not today or from this incident), but I was becoming pretty bitter about everyone that I don't like (I get like that in real life) , then I realized, there's no sense in that. I'm gonna keep on keeping and enjoy the forum, with or without peoples whining.

Keep up the good work @HotRodPC , I'll remain a supporting member as long as I'm here!

Besides, if I disband from here, I literally have no social outing, or media of any sorts.
Too many badass people that I've came to be friends with long distance or local to me!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I had my own little turning point here (not today or from this incident), but I was becoming pretty bitter about everyone that I don't like (I get like that in real life) , then I realized, there's no sense in that. I'm gonna keep on keeping and enjoy the forum, with or without peoples whining.

Keep up the good work @HotRodPC , I'll remain a supporting member as long as I'm here!

Besides, if I disband from here, I literally have no social outing, or media of any sorts.
Too many badass people that I've came to be friends with long distance or local to me!
No worries. It's pretty damn hard to get banned here as you can tell. Most sites would have banned ugly with his first comment he made here in this thread, but we discussed it and gave him the chance to simmer down or leave on his own. It's usually a last resort and we don't like it. Spammers Yes, No ***** to give and don't even count them. Pretty sure we can still count on 2 hands in over 10 years how many people we've banned and most of them have been allowed back. I think this guy will make #3 that won't be back. We never like to ban people, especially those we'd expect may come back cuz that sore will always be there and it's just not the same. Other than spammers, and 1 guy who was trashing thread deleting posts, that won't be back and the reason we now limit the amount of time members have to edit posts and I banned him instantly to stop the damage, but everyone else there was discussion between most of the mod team before it was done. Just saying, I don't think you have a thing to worry about.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
BTW, the other benefit and reason the FB page was started, there once was a time when we were having server issues and all the Fully Driven Network sites were down. So we could at least get caught up and BS on FB, and post updates about the outage and when the forum was expected to be back up when I was in contact with the site owner.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
No worries. It's pretty damn hard to get banned here as you can tell. Most sites would have banned ugly with his first comment he made here in this thread, but we discussed it and gave him the chance to simmer down or leave on his own. It's usually a last resort and we don't like it. Spammers Yes, No ***** to give and don't even count them. Pretty sure we can still count on 2 hands in over 10 years how many people we've banned and most of them have been allowed back. I think this guy will make #3 that won't be back. We never like to ban people, especially those we'd expect may come back cuz that sore will always be there and it's just not the same. Other than spammers, and 1 guy who was trashing thread deleting posts, that won't be back and the reason we now limit the amount of time members have to edit posts and I banned him instantly to stop the damage, but everyone else there was discussion between most of the mod team before it was done. Just saying, I don't think you have a thing to worry about.

I'm like that old show Herman's Head....scenes from a show or movie pop in my head at certain instances. This made me think of this -

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Man we have 59 people on fb page. I'm on 3 other square body pages and they have 42k and are always posting pics and videos and what not. I try to post at least once a day. I don't know how to get more people to look at the page. I really don't post anything on the other pages to often but, it be nice to see some GM square body post in my notifications every once in a while. Lol

I like this site BETTER than the fb page. It be nice to participate in both tho.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Uh oh. A couple of other forums I used to use have become ghost towns, like no new posts for months on end. Then when someone finally does get around to responding it's usually "if you want faster results you should check out our facebook group, we're all over there now". I can't stand facebook, I have just written those forums off as dead and gone.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Man we have 59 people on fb page. I'm on 3 other square body pages and they have 42k and are always posting pics and videos and what not. I try to post at least once a day. I don't know how to get more people to look at the page. I really don't post anything on the other pages to often but, it be nice to see some GM square body post in my notifications every once in a while. Lol

I like this site BETTER than the fb page. It be nice to participate in both tho.
That FB page was never promoted whatsoever. I didn't see the need because other social media outlets have killed forums like this one. There's 2 other square forums that don't exist anymore that started similar to the same time we did. They're gone we're still going. Now 73-87 has been around since the beginning of time so they have a strong foothold but they're so uptight they stink and actually suck. They're out to sell parts and that's that. They could careless to help you unless you're buying parts. Fun isn't allowed at all. So no, I don't really expect to, and don't want to grow the gmsquarebody FB page. The whole intent is to get a few of the members from other square groups to that page, then funnel them here. That's the whole purpose. May work, may not, but can't hurt to try. The more the better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL