Thoughts on Buying a Cheap 2nd Gen Camaro?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Good golly, I'd love to have a car that good to start with, lol.

Floor pans are a common rust spot anyway, even the 'nice' cars you find normally need them. The roof rust may not be a difficult fix, it just depends on how many more places are rusted along with it. Definitely look at the rear frame rails though, they commonly rust out. It all can be repaired, but you may not be willing to put in that kind of effort.

And a car like that is easier to do a correct restoration because it's stock and everything is there and you know for sure how it's supposed to be. Unlike a car that's been "fixed up" a time or two.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Ahh, so conflicted! I think Rust Belt people will put up with more rust than Sun Belt people who’ll put up with more rust than Southwest people. I’ll give it another look in a couple of weeks, but I won’t loose sleep over it. As Ted Kennedy once said, there are plenty of cars in the sea.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Ahh, so conflicted! I think Rust Belt people will put up with more rust than Sun Belt people who’ll put up with more rust than Southwest people. I’ll give it another look in a couple of weeks, but I won’t loose sleep over it. As Ted Kennedy once said, there are plenty of cars in the sea.
I thought that was plenty of cars in the river? Lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat