TBI not emitting any fuel (crank no start)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr heavy-chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
fox
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
i hear the fuel pump prime up, it cranks strong, it fires with starting fluid and/or gas in it, but dies once that is gone.

i don't think its spitting ANY fuel...

please help!!!!
i want this fixed TODAY. it cant be that difficult....

mr heavy-chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
fox
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
i checked the injectors, theyre good.

do i NEED a "noid light" to check current or can i just use a test light or a DMM?

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
You will want to use a noid light. Also check for a blown fuse for the ecm. If there is no pulse to the ecm indicating there is spark there will not be injector pulses.

mr heavy-chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
fox
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
my fuse block is badly corroded, but i pulled - checked - reinserted, and voltage checked each fuse....
so im pretty certain its not a ECU/ECM issue since the big voltage is getting from the battery to the junction block OK. it drove fine last week.

i will check voltage TO the injectors with a light as soon as someone can come help me..... if that is good then its probably the fuel pump taking a dump.... ill do the fuel filter, but, i think its gonna be the pump...

it backfired, and caught on fire. backfiring is a sign of low fuel pressure (says the internet)

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
my fuse block is badly corroded, but i pulled - checked - reinserted, and voltage checked each fuse....
so im pretty certain its not a ECU/ECM issue since the big voltage is getting from the battery to the junction block OK. it drove fine last week.

i will check voltage TO the injectors with a light as soon as someone can come help me..... if that is good then its probably the fuel pump taking a dump.... ill do the fuel filter, but, i think its gonna be the pump...

it backfired, and caught on fire. backfiring is a sign of low fuel pressure (says the internet)

You could rule the pump circuit out by feeding power to the pump prime terminal by the pump relay. A common issue is damage to the wires for the injectors as well.

mr heavy-chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
fox
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
the noid light test failed... no light/voltage for either injectors.

so now idk what to do

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size

Attachments

• TBI Injectors.jpg
    TBI Injectors.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 164

mr heavy-chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
fox
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
FIXED IT!

the injectors got voltage with the ignition ON so i gobbed conductive grease into the TPS and the ignition control module connectors... fixed.

i guess it was just a loose connection =)

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I figured the ecm wasnt seeing the pulse from the ignition module and thus not firing the injectors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
black_85c10