87 tbi wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slickscustoms

Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have a 1987 Silverado, stock 305 with tbi. I cranked the truck the other day, pulled the truck down to the house so me and the wife could go for a ride. truck ran fine but when we went to leave the truck would not start. it cranks but no start. it has all new fuel system and tbi parts. I drove the truck every day for about a year with no problems. I checked the fuel pumps are coming on and priming and I put a new coil in it from another motor that ran when pulled. I checked all fuses and they look good, ecm1 ecmb. what else am I missing? the truck ran good, shut it off and then 15 minutes later it won't start.

slickscustoms

Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
truck is fixed and running better than ever. I ended up putting a new distributor in it and she's running good.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
truck is fixed and running better than ever. I ended up putting a new distributor in it and she's running good.
87 had a lot of reliability issues in the distributors (first year for a lot of them)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod