TBI in Shop Manual??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepperado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado stepside
Engine Size
So I believe the motor in my '87 is idling on the fast side and wanted to look in my shop manual to see what I could learn about settings, adjustments, etc. Heck, I don't even know if there are any you can make.

Anyway, I pull out my newly acquired shop manual and I can't find any info on the TBI. I see info for carburetors (which surprised me) and diesel fuel injection, but no info on gas TBI.

Where is this info?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
So I believe the motor in my '87 is idling on the fast side and wanted to look in my shop manual to see what I could learn about settings, adjustments, etc. Heck, I don't even know if there are any you can make.

Anyway, I pull out my newly acquired shop manual and I can't find any info on the TBI. I see info for carburetors (which surprised me) and diesel fuel injection, but no info on gas TBI.

Where is this info?

With the advent of computer controlled engine management and EFI/TBI fuel systems, a new manual was called for. So, in addition to the wiring, unit repair and service manuals, a 4th book came out in 1987. It is called the "Fuel, Drivablity and Emissions Manual". I keep it on Deposit Files.

DF is free to download and safe - you just have to do one of those captcha word tests (and probably x-out of a pop up ad). Being the first one, it's not that big (262 pages). That's not nearly as big as the ensuing years, but still to big for me to post here.

Here is the link to the zipped file. Unzip with winrar or whichever program you use. Now PW required to open:

http://depositfiles.com/files/xhf2z5s3d?redirect

Stepperado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado stepside
Engine Size
"Thanks a lot for the run down chengny, very helpful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bennlenl