Tach not registering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmy78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
jimmy
Engine Size
5.7l
Cleaned up the terminal block, crimped new ends on both the ground and the signal wires. Added a ground from the head to the firewall. All gauges are alive now with the exception of the tach. I think I’ve kicked the dead horse enough and I may have to purchase a new tach. Fingers crossed it solves the issue at $300 Canadian.
If someone has a working one they would part with let me know

jimmy78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
jimmy
Engine Size
5.7l
So I ordered a new circuit board off ebay installed it all the tach came to life. problem solved.
Here is a pic of all the factory gauges up and running. Took along time to chase everything down but it’s finally back to normal.
Only thing is I think I have the wrong temp sensor as this is fully warmed up 180 thermostat open. Only reading 1/8th of the way up the gauge.

Attachments

• IMG_9041.jpeg
    IMG_9041.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9040.jpeg
    IMG_9040.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 12

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So I ordered a new circuit board off ebay installed it all the tach came to life. problem solved.
Here is a pic of all the factory gauges up and running. Took along time to chase everything down but it’s finally back to normal.
Only thing is I think I have the wrong temp sensor as this is fully warmed up 180 thermostat open. Only reading 1/8th of the way up the gauge.
Glad you got it sorted! Those temp sensors can be a PITA finding the right one. I went through a couple before I happened upon one from Autozone that read right- I have seen on here people posting the correct ohms for the years but can’t remember where. I’d look back through my Autozone orders for the part number but mine is an ‘81 so might not be right for your application.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad