T.V. cable, ignition & pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JGSR66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerrie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
1st morning to yall & if its above 35* where you are you suck lmao.
I did what yall asked & posted a lot of pics in my introduction probably to many but wasn’t sure.
Now my TV cable question is I cannot find mine on carb or trans here are some more pics
Now on my ignition basically you don’t have to have key to turn cylinder it was easy fix on Mazda is it hard on my 85?

You must be registered for see images attach

JGSR66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerrie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Oh what transmission is this one?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
It is a TH400 - judging by the locations of the modulator, dipstick tube, cooler lines and also what little bit of the pan contour I can see under the speedometer cable.

Use the guide below to identify it for sure. These views are from the bottom looking up:

Oh and BTW - the TH400 does not use a TV cable. There is an electrically activated detent solenoid within the casing that controls downshifts/kickdowns. It is operated by a switch mounted to the gas pedal bracket. That switch closes and supplies the solenoid with 12 VDC - when the accelerator is pressed down near the floor.

The lead from the switch to the solenoid is the orange wire shown below. It penetrates the casing through that black plastic plug:

Last edited:

JGSR66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerrie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Is that view from rear making that drive side?

JGSR66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerrie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
When driving feels like brake is on it’s not or I’m pulling a house

JGSR66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerrie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
This is a stupid question I’ll try & make it my last
But if I have random questions should I save up and ask at one time or as they come start a new thread every time?

Thank you for getting back to me about TV Cable so quick I’ve been waiting for sunrise to pull tranny just to find cable LMAO

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
This is a stupid question I’ll try & make it my last
But if I have random questions should I save up and ask at one time or as they come start a new thread every time?

Thank you for getting back to me about TV Cable so quick I’ve been waiting for sunrise to pull tranny just to find cable LMAO

I can't speak for upper management, but I'm fairly sure they would agree that;

When asking for help with an additional problem - and certainly if it involves an unrelated system - you should generate a fresh thread.

Also when starting a new thread, it will benefit you if the title you create is succinct yet descriptive. A good title will produce a greater number of responses to your question. This mainly because a wider cross-section of the members will be aware that there is a new issue and exactly what that issue is.

Another side benefit of starting a fresh thread - one with an appropriate title - is to aid newer members. When searching for help on a particular topic, they are often overwhelmed. A surprising number of people are not familiar with how to use the in-house search engine. So, when seeking answers, they laboriously scroll through page after page of thread titles - scanning for one they think might apply to them.

On the other hand, if you don't start a new thread and just keep piling one topic after another onto the OP, it eventually becomes one giant, catchall thread. The subject originally under discussion is rendered irrelevant. And any new topics being discussed will be buried deep within that 18 page thread with a meaningless title. The result is that you might miss out on some valid advice - which might have been offered by members who are not in the "clique". I'm sure there are members - and quite frankly, I'm one of them - who, when they see a bloated thread, don't even bother to look at it. That is because, at some point (usually above 20-25 responses) it has usually deteriorated into either a pissing contest or more commonly just plain nonsense.

Finally some advice, if I may, about how to structure your original post:

1. As noted above, write a good title.

2. Take the time to include as much detail as possible of the issue at hand.

3. It is a huge help if you provide some background. For example; when did it first develop, did the situation worsen over time or just happen
overnight.

4. Be sure to include any recent repairs/modifications you have made. And that doesn't mean just changes made to the malfunctioning system -
spill your guts about everything you did to the truck in the time prior to when the issue arose.

5. Describe what, if anything, you have already checked yourself and the results of those diagnostics.

6. And while this is the last thing on this list, it is hardly the least important; upload some clear representative images that will provide those trying to help you with a good visual. After you take your photos, before uploading, look at them honestly. Then ask yourself whether somebody - who wasn't there when they were taken - would have any clue as to what they were looking at. The images should be taken from a distance that is sufficient for a viewer to see what your eyes can see.

Remember, these are only suggested protocols, not rules. And they are certainly not intended to discourage dialog between members (a lot of the old timers here become good friends - even though they have never actually seen each other). They are simply guidelines that help maintain a smooth flow across the forum - while at the same time introducing the greatest number of topics. And those are just two of the qualities that make this forum work so well and be the best on the internet.

And finally, let me just say again, these are only my thoughts - they are not the ideas or opinions of GMSB management.

Last edited:

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size

When asking for help with an additional problem - and certainly if it involves an unrelated system - you should generate a fresh thread.

Also when starting a new thread, it will benefit you if the title you create is succinct yet descriptive. A good title will produce a greater number of responses to your question. This mainly because a wider cross-section of the members will be aware that there is a new issue and exactly what that issue is.

Another side benefit of starting a fresh thread - one with an appropriate title - is to aid newer members. When searching for help on a particular topic, they are often overwhelmed. A surprising number of people are not familiar with how to use the in-house search engine. So, when seeking answers, they laboriously scroll through page after page of thread titles - scanning for one they think might apply to them.

On the other hand, if you don't start a new thread and just keep piling one topic after another onto the OP, it eventually becomes one giant, catchall thread. The subject originally under discussion is rendered irrelevant. And any new topics being discussed will be buried deep within that 18 page thread with a meaningless title. The result is that you might miss out on some valid advice - which might have been offered by members who are not in the "clique". I'm sure there are members - and quite frankly, I'm one of them - who, when they see a bloated thread, don't even bother to look at it. That is because, at some point (usually above 20-25 responses) it has usually deteriorated into either a pissing contest or more commonly just plain nonsense.

3. It is a huge help if you provide some background. For example; when did it first develop, did the situation worsen over time or just happen
overnight.

4. Be sure to include any recent repairs/modifications you have made. And that doesn't mean just changes made to the malfunctioning system -
spill your guts about everything you did to the truck in the time prior to when the issue arose.

5. Describe what, if anything, you have already checked yourself and the results of those diagnostics.

6. And while this is the last thing on this list, it is hardly the least important; upload some clear representative images that will provide those trying to help you with a good visual. After you take take your photos, before uploading, look at them honestly. Then ask yourself whether somebody - who wasn't there when they were taken - would have any clue as to what they were looking at. The images should be taken from a distance that is sufficient for a viewer to see what your eyes can see.

Remember, these are only suggested protocols, not rules. And they are certainly not intended to discourage dialog between members (a lot of the old timers here become good friends - even though they have never actually seen each other). They are simply guidelines that help maintain a smooth flow across the forum - while at the same time introducing the greatest number of topics. And those are just two of the qualities that make this forum work so well and be the best on the internet.

And finally, let me just say again, these are only my thoughts - they are not the ideas or opinions of GMSB management.

Nominate this for sticky in the new members section.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
When driving feels like brake is on it’s not or I’m pulling a house
I was looking at the picture of your carburetor and then noticed your post #5 about brake drag..

This may or not be a contributing factor, probably not... Those stout screen door springs are a no-no.. They only cause additional wear to the throttle body and shaft, ultimately resulting in air leaks and other carburetor problems. Not to mention the leg/foot fatigue from having to constantly overcome the springs "backpressure" while driving. If it takes that much return spring to close the throttle, you have other issues with the throttle linkage.. Visit the "HELP" section of your local parts store, the correct spring is readily available..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407

overnight.

6. And while this is the last thing on this list, it is hardly the least important; upload some clear representative images that will provide those trying to help you with a good visual. After you take your photos, before uploading, look at them honestly. Then ask yourself whether somebody - who wasn't there when they were taken - would have any clue as to what they were looking at. The images should be taken from a distance that is sufficient for a viewer to see what your eyes can see.

@bucket @HotRodPC this would be a tremendous addition to sticky collective.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
aye

JGSR66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerrie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Thanks for the heads up on springs I also thought that looked odd. One reason I added pictures of carb is because it looks off to me and thought it might have something to do with drag.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyJGP