switching dana 44 hubs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
hunt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Hello i am switching my 6 lug hubs to make them 8 lug and i got to the part where there is a clip on the outside holding the hubs inside parts in. the ring is on the outside and is a pain to get out. I have been unsuccessful so far does anyone have a tip to getting the ring out.

Thanks

Last edited:

elstm3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
lynn
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30 crew cab dually
Engine Size
6.2 twin turbo diesel
i use a combination of small flat screwdrivers to get behind the snap ring and a pick to pull it up and out of its groove. they are a pain but after you figure out a trick that works its not too bad.

chevydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
hunt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Ok thanks. So I have every clip out and the hub still will not come off. Im Not sure what else I need to do.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Make sure you got the clip off the end of the axleshaft. Otherwise they are just tight fitting, you may need to take a couple screws out of the hub dial, screw them into the locking hub flange and use them as something to hold onto to help pull them out.

chevydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
hunt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
ok so I need the hub lock nut puller is a 6 lug or is it 4 lug I forgot which one it is and need to buy one one from checkers. Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD