Super swampers on a dully

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Go buy the tires you want, show us pics of coolness, then go plow some snow dammit, you kids, always fighting

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
@Usmczo6
@RecklessWOT

Yall need to get along lol

I say, if you're gonna run on the highway (alot) those swampers may not be the best suited for you, they'll wear out after a bit.

If you're just trying to plow thru a bunch of muck and seeing some road use and such, GO FOR IT!

I can attest, the swampers don't live real long on the highway (at least maybe not the life you're looking for)
But thru the mud, and dirty roads and such, with some road use, hell yeah, cut every other lug and it'll dig even better.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to add, quit arguing with Andy (@bucket) !!!
That's guys a nicer guy than any of us hope to be

Last edited:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
there are are different and better ways to come out but we all accept you and your sexual desire of kitchen hardware

but on a serious note, if you care about how people see you, just know everyone thinks youre a ******* and you are trying to compensate or prove something to someone. IF you care.

IF You dont care about that, it is impractical and expensive and you will not enjoy the ride. and being dually, its not gonna do anything actual benefit for you other than be big and mean. IF that still sounds like a great plan, well **** go for it. i dont recommend it. and good luck eating those tire bills

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
You must be registered for see images

I don't see anything wrong with this at all...

OR: (not super swampers but close)

You must be registered for see images attach

:D

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
You must be registered for see images

I don't see anything wrong with this at all...

OR: (not super swampers but close)

You must be registered for see images attach

:D
the fact they arent wide tires or super helps a lot. i think its unecessary and over doing it, but i dont think its outright dumb(esp depending on use)
but im thinking of SUPER swampers, now fit it on a dually.

ehhh

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Quite the cat fight.... :shitsweak:

For what it's worth... HMMWV tires aren't really equal to super swamper tread and wouldn't really "match" either. You'd be better off with something like a Cooper AT3 or STT Pro, or even the same tire as the HMMWV which is a Goodyear Wrangler M/T. Super swampers aren't going to match and I'm not sure how they would do in snow, but I'm guessing not great since they aren't designed for cold weather.

Usmczo6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
Quite the cat fight.... :shitsweak:

For what it's worth... HMMWV tires aren't really equal to super swamper tread and wouldn't really "match" either. You'd be better off with something like a Cooper AT3 or STT Pro, or even the same tire as the HMMWV which is a Goodyear Wrangler M/T. Super swampers aren't going to match and I'm not sure how they would do in snow, but I'm guessing not great since they aren't designed for cold weather.
Give this man a prize, this is exactly the kind of answer and answers I was looking for when I first asked about this, Bextream I would buy you a beer if I could

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Give this man a prize, this is exactly the kind of answer and answers I was looking for when I first asked about this, Bextream I would buy you a beer if I could

ooooooooooh yay! Is it a participation prize???, lol. If you ever end up on the left coast, let me know and we can get a beer and talk square bodies!

Just to add to my previous post, I've never run the coopers but have seen lots of people in cold climates singing their praises. There have been a few build threads where guys running plows in alaska have talked about how awesome they are, especially when you get them siped.

I'm not a huge fan of the HMMWV tires, but that's probably just a general carryover of my general HMMVW hate. Disassembling, inserting runflats, and then re-assembling HMMWV tires is one of the worst jobs ever, and the tires wear fairly fast, so you have to do it often if you put lots of miles on them.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I thought the idea was to run the hummer rims up front and factory dually rims out back, and there were no military 37's in the mix?

What size are the current rims? 16"?

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
I thought the idea was to run the hummer rims up front and factory dually rims out back, and there were no military 37's in the mix?

What size are the current rims? 16"?

These f'n people...... I swear

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
The at3's would do good IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
my point exactly. I wasn't telling the guy to stick with highway tread, nothing wrong with an aggressive looking tire especially if you want a little extra traction. But freaking Super Swampers on a dually that is going to be used almost exclusively on pavement in town (his words, not mine)? That's a terrible idea. Those things might as well be made out of pencil eraser rubber, they disappear on pavement in a few months. I had a set of TSL boggers once, for one summer. Tires like that do not make sense for street use. That is literally the only point I was trying to make.

Then dude is talking about plowing snow (yeah I got a snow plow, you got a problem with that too??? lol nice attitude bro), that soft compound turns rock hard and chunks apart in freezing temps. Literally the worst tire he could choose for his application. But no, I'm the ******* here. Why even ask for advice then? He obviously already knows everything, and nobody should question him.

Do whatever you want man, I hope it makes you feel super cool. Some of us will still know otherwise.

Last edited:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
my coworker and his 1 ton diesel dually..(****** dodge, manual, rusted out, cummins was his personality, 4 inch exhaust, sits at 3000 rpm in the parking lot of work for fun during winter) put cooper discovery STT pros on his... and he made sure to go unecessarily large over his OEM tire size, of course. its where i got my "dont do it" reaction from, those arent even really swampers but holy **** was it a dumb idea

Usmczo6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
This thread used to be 3 pages now it's down to 2 I see a bunch of posts were deleted. Weird!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey