Super excited!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Very nice. I was wondering how I might go about trying to fit one on a K5 since the bumper line is a little different.
Not sure. Mine was kinda tricky as there aint much space between the bumper and the tailgate. I repositioned it twice. Unless your level with the bumper its kinda hard to see. Mine also has reverse light function but i didnt hook it up yet.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Well, also there are springs around the hinges and stuff... Things that are not there on the truck per say. I'd just have to take a closer look and see what would need to be changed up.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Well, also there are springs around the hinges and stuff... Things that are not there on the truck per say. I'd just have to take a closer look and see what would need to be changed up.
As you can see there are a buncha haters but id rather be seen at night then rear ended. Plus i like it.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
I agree 100 %. EVen during the daytime I would like additional braking light. I have thought about using a dremel and mounting a third brake light in the fiberglass top but I think adding it at about eye level is a little better. I guess If I really wanted to I could do a little body work in the tail gate or the tailgate band and add something there. I prefer the idea of something like the strips you have though since they are a bit easier to mount.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I agree 100 %. EVen during the daytime I would like additional braking light. I have thought about using a dremel and mounting a third brake light in the fiberglass top but I think adding it at about eye level is a little better. I guess If I really wanted to I could do a little body work in the tail gate or the tailgate band and add something there. I prefer the idea of something like the strips you have though since they are a bit easier to mount.
Double side 3m tape. You could even stick it to the tailgate itself. once $ will allow im going to get the led rapid fire tail lights to really brighten her up back there.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I kinda like it. Especially if it's not very noticeable when it's not lit up.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I kinda like it. Especially if it's not very noticeable when it's not lit up.
Unlit the only thing you see is the wires coming from it for about 2" under the tail gate and the plug underneith. I can post a daylight pic of it...

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I love the "dumbos"!

My truck has those big mirrors too. You can really see behind you in them. I will probably leave them on my truck for that reason and leaving them be is cheaper and easier than changing them.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
My truck has those big mirrors too. You can really see behind you in them. I will probably leave them on my truck for that reason and leaving them be is cheaper and easier than changing them.
Thats why i like them because of what you can see. Plus i do like the looks of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jakebr8k