Suburban Armrests

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The Suburban bucket seats have armrests that fold down on both sides, like a conversion van. How do they come off? I took a look at it and didn't really see anything.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
The Suburban bucket seats have armrests that fold down on both sides, like a conversion van. How do they come off? I took a look at it and didn't really see anything.

Gotta lift the upholstery back at the hinge point, i believe its a 3/4 socket, you can also adjust the angle stop screw there.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Gotta lift the upholstery back at the hinge point, i believe its a 3/4 socket, you can also adjust the angle stop screw there.

Thanks! I figured it would be something like push in, twist counter clockwise, pull out, rotate 36.5 degrees...

I have some old custom fit seat covers for an '88 S10 Blazer, they are very high quality. They look like a perfect fit for the Burb seats, but I need the armrests out of the way to install the covers. The inside armrests also need new padding on both Burbs.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Thanks! I figured it would be something like push in, twist counter clockwise, pull out, rotate 36.5 degrees...

I have some old custom fit seat covers for an '88 S10 Blazer, they are very high quality. They look like a perfect fit for the Burb seats, but I need the armrests out of the way to install the covers. The inside armrests also need new padding on both Burbs.

I have interior issues as well. I really want the stock replacement set for all 3 rows, but damn! 600 bones! Was also thinking of a bench seat, so my wife could snuggle up on long trips, and bench seat items are a little easier to get.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The 86's front buckets are in bad shape, the textured material is just falling apart and leaving the yellow padding exposed. The middle and rear seats still look new. The carpet could use a good scrubbing, and the middle section needs replaced because it looks like battery acid spilled on it.

The 88's front buckets aren't ripped very much, but it's had seat covers on it since before I bought the truck. Middle and rear seats look good on it too. The front carpet is badly faded and the rear carpet is filthy from years of me hauling tools and parts. The door panels and trim are also starting to look a little beat.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I have interior issues as well. I really want the stock replacement set for all 3 rows, but damn! 600 bones! Was also thinking of a bench seat, so my wife could snuggle up on long trips, and bench seat items are a little easier to get.

Now for real, is that bench seat idea for the wife to snuggle or maybe some other activity? You can be honest here. We don't tell anyone our secrets. :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

:crazy:

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Now for real, is that bench seat idea for the wife to snuggle or maybe some other activity? You can be honest here. We don't tell anyone our secrets. :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

:crazy:
You want honest? Ok....yes, bench seat would be good for that too, but there was a time we had the truck packed up from the front seat backs, to behind the third row, and she started talking dirty. I pulled over at the next rest stop(bout a mile) backed into a spot almost against the trees, and banged the **** out of her right then and there on the tailgate....seats? we dont need no stinkin seats!

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You want honest? Ok....yes, bench seat would be good for that too, but there was a time we had the truck packed up from the front seat backs, to behind the third row, and she started talking dirty. I pulled ove at the next rest stop(bout a mile) backed into a spot almost against the trees, and banged the **** out of her right then and there on the tailgate....seats? we dont need no stinkin seats!

YES SIR !!! That's what I'm talking about !! :grd: I woudln't even know where to start telling those kinda stories. :hitit: The ex and I had way to much fun.

That part I do miss about her. I guess if you want a wild one, you have to deal with sharing though, and I wasn't up for that ****, so filed the big D and kicked her to the curb.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I guess if you want a wild one, you have to deal with sharing though, and I wasn't up for that ****, so filed the big D and kicked her to the curb.

Good for you sir!! :waytogo:

Some funny **** here guys. :roflbow: :roflbow:

Good job with the save Jim, good info on that armrest stuff! :grd:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So is the armrest issue handled now??? Don't want to blow a thread talking about booty calls in the trucks until we've taken care of business first. So if anyone has read past taking care of business, they proceed at their own risk !!!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
So is the armrest issue handled now??? Don't want to blow a thread talking about booty calls in the trucks until we've taken care of business first. So if anyone has read past taking care of business, they proceed at their own risk !!!

Lol yeah, business is taken care of and the seat covers fit great. You dirty old men can carry on :rotflmao:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I forgot we have youngsters on here. I better not tell.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I forgot we have youngsters on here. I better not tell.

Don't forget I have 5 kids... so it has happened at least that many times :crazy:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Don't forget I have 5 kids... so it has happened at least that many times :crazy:

But did it happen while you cruising down the highway at 70? Or on an off ramp? Or in a rest area parking lot? Or in a grocery store parking lot during rush hour traffic, or in the center median of an interstate? Or in Sears parking lot under the light pole? Or in your parents driveway? :hump: :grd: :driver:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
But did it happen while you cruising down the highway at 70? Or on an off ramp? Or in a rest area parking lot? Or in a grocery store parking lot during rush hour traffic, or in the center median of an interstate? Or in Sears parking lot under the light pole? Or in your parents driveway? :hump: :grd: :driver:

Lol, all that kind of stuff except for driving down the highway... I don't have that much focus. You did just remind me of the most embarrassing time, we got caught by a road **** on a freeway on ramp and got a ticket for it too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dbello