Stock C10 height wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QTruckC10

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Good morning all, probably asked a thousand times, and any link to a good thread please post here, but I plan to keep my c10 stock height. I love the look of 15’s and 16’s. I need wheels and tires but need more in the tire well so to speak. I am NOT dropping my truck. I look up tires and that is what everyone is doing. I am looking for some old school muscle look. Just need guidance in tire size. Any help is appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Look in your manual to find the size of the stock tires and wheels, and then go tirerack.com or other site to find out the height of the stock tires (usually about 29" for a P235/75R15 tire). Stock wheel wells (no lift or drop) on a 4WD will usually handle up to a 33" tire with no mods. My guess is that a 2WD might be similar.

Once you decide on tire height, then look at wheel/tire combinations that might work. Total diameter of a 15" or 16" tire can be the same if you buy a different aspect ratio or width tire. A 16" will need a shorter aspect ratio and will show a thinner profile from the side. Low profile tires are more of a muscle car look, but sometimes look goofy on a truck.
Example - 245/75R16 and 245/70R17 tires are nearly the same height, and are close to the same height as a 31x10.5R15, but the different wheel sizes will change the look.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I like your tires you got now. I've got 275/60/15 on mine at stock height. Mine was lowered when I bought it. So I put new stock suspension on it and like it much better.

You must be registered for see images attach

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@QTruckC10,

Man, you've got a beautiful truck. I like the stock height to. My '74 stock tire size is 225 75R 15. After I rebuilt the truck I thought I'd be cool and run some big fat tires on it and make it look all race and NASCAR looking. I put 265 60R 15's on it and it looked real cool, that is until I was driving around in the first big rain after I built it. I was hydroplaning all over the place every time I hit a puddle. My truck doesn't have enough ass to run big fat tires.
So I found a site on the internet a guy told me about, www.tiresize.com, Tire Size.com. What it does is you put in any tire size you have, and then the size you want to compare and it shows you the two tires, and shows you what percentage bigger or smaller the tire you want is compared to the size you have. And it shows pictures of the two sizes in shape, wider, narrower, taller, shorter, etc.. It's great and easy. Also it's fun in that you can see how huge you can get without getting any taller than the tire you've got.
So I found a size I liked and I didn't slide around all the time every time it rains and that is 235 70R 15. It's just a tad wider than stock and it isn't any taller. I think they look great, but that's just me. You can see for yourself.

Allan Abley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
That is the same size i run...235 70 R15. i like the looks esp. on a short box

Latest posts

Forum statistics