Sticking Brake pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ozark strom

Reaction score
First Name
Milepost
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Had many square bodies but never this issue. Got an 83 c20 running now and the brake pedal has a hard time returning. If the vacuum line is disconnected and plugged all better. No change in idol either way. Thinking on swapping out the vacuum booster. Any one had a similar experience?

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@ozark strom There is only about two things that can cause that issue. Sticky and rusty linkage under the dash, which usually only occurs if the truck has sat a lot or has been very wet inside long term. The other is an internal problem with the brake booster. That's about it.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I had my pedal stick when I had my old axle with a leaky wheel cylinder. It wouldn't stay fully bled with the leak, so the pedal would travel farther than it should, then would get stuck every now and then.

Is your pedal proper? Not almost hitting the floor?

ozark strom

Reaction score
First Name
Milepost
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
First thanks for the help. Going to dig in deep, check all the brake system over carefully. Its no lower than usual or possibly i have forgotten. Seemed as the chevy had a softer pedal than my ram trucks of late. Will post fix when done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1