Steering Stabilizer - K20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I have what looks to be that exact stabilizer on my truck right now. I put it on when I replaced all the shocks several years ago. It bolted right up and works great. It's been on there for probably 3 years now and I've never had an issue, no leaks, and steering feels good with no wobbling at all.

FWIW those look like the correct bolt kits for your application. One side will be a metal sleeve that slides into the rubber bushing of the base side and then bolts to the square housing on the axle, when you tighten it up it will compress the rubber enough that the nut should be a few threads past the locking portion. The other end will get the adapter piece bolted to it with the straight portion going through the rubber bushing and then the tapered portion will bolt into the steering arm. They are all lock nuts and I've never had them come loose.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I'm finding this Moog/KYB/Monroe thing I have doesn't have great ratings....as in many leaking within a year. The Bilstein price isn't not-doable (beats $300+ for a not-needed dual setup), but I have no doubt you could pick it up for $50-60 (avg price of these shocks). That'd be even more doable.

UPDATE: so I emailed ORD and found the $105 is just the beginning.

"It does not work with the stock mounting on your K20, it would limit steering angle one direction because it’s too long. It can be used with the aftermarket tie rods that we make."

Not going there, so found another I may look at.

Thanks for @77 K20 posting the bilstein stabilizer.
I measured mine on the truck and that bilstein one is the right length.
The one on the truck measures 19-1/2” centered, +/- 4”. Which is almost exactly what this one is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1