Steering gear box id help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abe

Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
No not yet. Long story short just haven't been able to get my hands on one yet. But I'm also considering attempting to rebuild the thing there's some good info here on how to do that.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
you know you always have the option to turn it back to stock. it wouldn't be that expensive. highdesertranger

abe

Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Is that so? Since welding isn't something I've taken up yet the day is out of question. But besides the frame work, what's involved? I think I'd be much happier if it wasn't a different front end. Any rough guesstimates on the dollar amount?

farmerchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
wonder if this was did to mount a quick ratio steering box out of a car.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
no welding necessary. buy a cheap doner truck and change the frames and all. around here if I looked I know I could find a truck with a blown motor or trans for 300 bucks. just another option and at this point the option I would take. highdesertranger

abe

Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Ya that's really not a bad idea at all. Definitely worth looking into. And it would be really nice to actually find parts for just a truck instated of a truck and a car

abe

Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Here's the update. Finally located a box that matches up correctly. Pulled it off of a 73 firebird or a trans am, couldn't tell exactly, and everything matches up on it perfectly. It was a sport model so I think that's the quick ratio box I believe? Seems to be just under 3 turns lock to lock. But its in good shape which I'm happy about. Would probably still be trying to figure out where to look so again I thank you! Much appreciated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynhigh88