Steering column/key lock/protector like "The Club"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
Has anyone seen an anti-theft type device that goes around the steering column to protect the lock cylinder? I'm envisioning a metal device with a hinge that you put around the column and locks with a padlock. It would prevent a thief from breaking the lock cylinder and starting the truck. A good design would also lock the shifter for auto trans and maybe even have something that prevented the steering wheel from turning kind of like "The Club"

Any body seen one or am I gonna have to design and make one? A guy at work with a truck like mine but 4X4 had it stolen from the parking lot at work one day. They were coming thru a stealing all the 6.0L Ford Diesels too since they didn't have the anti-theft computer chip keys. All you have to do is use a big screw driver or vise grips to break the lock cylinder and then drive it away.

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
pop the lock rod Out of the ignition switch, muscle the steering wheel to break the lock pin, and it's gone...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rotti_rancher