Steering Column Lock Guard Device

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squirrely Brother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone knew a reason why this steering column lock device wouldn’t work on a 1973-1983? Please see picture below.

My Viper 2 way alarm recently started activating showing trunk open without a trunk, so I wanted something for added protection until it gets figured out.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_4755.jpeg
    IMG_4755.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 26

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
It should. I bought one and it fits both our '90 and the '77.

However, make sure you get what is shown in the pictures with the tubular lock and that it has a ramp on the striker. That allows you to turn the lock and just snap it closed opposed to having to use a key to both lock and unlock.

BTW, these are copies of the original carguards and are nowhere near the quality. You'll want to put some foam inside to keep it from scratching your column.

I had a Carguard one on my K5 that I bought 20 years ago and it was nice. Fit well, strong. Regret giving it to the guy when i sold the K5. These ebay ones are good deterrents but a screwdriver could pop them open. I've bought 2-3 of the copies and you can see and feel the difference.

Squirrely Brother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Bennyt Thank you. I appreciate your response and great suggestion about the foam to prevent scarring. I figured it would fit, but wasn’t certain due to the hump on the new column turn signal base. Take care.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad