Starter problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrangeC20

Reaction score
First Name
Reuben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
So my headers sit right next to my starter and my coil gets hot and doesn't like to start. I went to replace the starter yesterday and when I got it all back in everything worked fine except the starter. No clicking or anything. Took the starter out and bench tested it and worked fine. 1974 Chevy c20 points converted to hei distributer. I hooked everything back up and put a starter button on the batter post on the starter and to the small post closest to the block and it cranked just fine. I have 2 cables running to the big 12v post on the starter. A yellow wire running to the post closest to the block and a brown or purple wire running from the post opposite of the block. Thanks in advance as I'm really bad at replying to people. Even went as far as splicing a wire into the key switch wire up by the fire wall to the post closest to the block to see if I had a broken wire and nothing. Thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade