Stand Alone Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
do all my OEM harness myself save a lot of $$$ to put where it need it most! (suspension loll) :D

You must be registered for see images attach

The original harness I found to replace the hacked up one that came with my motor also had some cut wires, Drove an hour to pick it up, made me very ill.

Blackbeard44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.0 LS
I ended up getting a mounting bracket from PSI and mounted the computer to the inner fender on driver side.

my setup is a lil different from yours, I am running a 4L60 so the painless harness worked great for me.

if I had more free time I would love to learn how to re work the factory harness's using a simplier fuse block

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
I had a friend give me an uncut wire harness for my motor. I went through and labeled al the connectors. I've decided to run my swap with the harness uncut, use the original fuse block (which I have the mounting bracket up), I have the mounting bracket for the computer, will move the battery to the drivers side, put 3 wires on the back side of the fuse box and would be ready to go.

Might change it to a stand alone at a later date after I get it up and running.

Blackbeard44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.0 LS
there is nothing wrong with doing that, I had mine like that for 3 years, it worked great, I just wanted to clean up the engine bay a little bit so I swapped it out

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby 406