Stand Alone Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
Anyone use the stand alone harness's that are advertised for their LS swap? Good, Bad?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
A good friend of mine used a harness from PSI for his conversion. It's really nice and works flawlessly.

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
A good friend of mine used a harness from PSI for his conversion. It's really nice and works flawlessly.

I took my harness and uncurled it and found cut wires.

Blackbeard44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.0 LS
Painless makes a good harness, the summit catalog has a very generic description call painless before ordering.

PSI has a good rep for their products, beware of other online shops there is quite a few companies that will rip you off.

it isnt all that hard to unfunk the stock harness and use the factory fuse block, I had mine like that for a few years but wanted to clean it up so I recently installed a Painless harness. 1 thing I did notice about the painless harness is it seems it was designed for the PCM to mount under the dash and I probably should have done that, but I didnt and it works great.

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
Painless makes a good harness, the summit catalog has a very generic description call painless before ordering.

PSI has a good rep for their products, beware of other online shops there is quite a few companies that will rip you off.

it isnt all that hard to unfunk the stock harness and use the factory fuse block, I had mine like that for a few years but wanted to clean it up so I recently installed a Painless harness. 1 thing I did notice about the painless harness is it seems it was designed for the PCM to mount under the dash and I probably should have done that, but I didnt and it works great.

They are a bit pricey, but I'll check into them.

Blackbeard44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.0 LS
A good harness with trans wiring, fan, altenator wiring is gonnna be $700ish dollars, if your motor is DBC it is a little cheaper, there is still alot of wiring even when just stand alone

You must be registered for see images attach

Blackbeard44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.0 LS
Let me touch up on my last reply.
I hate to be this guy thats gonna trash talk but there are 2 companies I have been ripped off by, both times i was able to get a refumd through credit card company.

1 Swap Specialties in Michigan, owners name is Andy, he is very responsive with emails and questions up until you pay him amd he says 2 weeks it will ship, weeks upon weeks go by, you send email, make a call, no answer no reply, my credit card company gives me 60 days to dispute, I waited till day #50 to dispute.

2 Hot Rod Harness La Habre California. owners name is Chris, he talks one hell of a good game, will always answer phone and feed you non stop lines of BS, before I ordered he told me 2 months because he is so busy, that was understandable so i used pay pal, they give 6 months for a dispute, waited my 2 months called he said hes busy and would bump it up inline, waited another month called him, than he said hes still busy i said okay i will call in 2 weeks, called again and told him if it is not gonna ship in 2 weeks, just give me refund, he promised me it would ship, it didnt, than he tried to get paypal to charge me a restock fee.

It literally took me 6 months to get a new harness for my truck because of bullshitters in the harness building aspect of ls motors.

PSI has a good rep, but by the time i had wasted with everyone else i knew summit would not flake out, I ordered it on a thursday during lunch break, it was delivered on Sunday.

so just be careful with these harness makers and dont let the clock run out on disputing the charges, use a credit card or paypal.

I hope you dont have to deal with what I did.

hunters628

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I ordered mine on alibaba. It’s the same harness many US companies sell. My harness was made to order the way I specified for $270 all in delivered to my door 8 days after I placed the order. The quality of the harness and connectors is OEM in my opinion. I’ve had no problems with it at all.

ALL-OF-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
323.425844 cubic inches

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
@ALL-OF-IT That's what I did. For my fuse box I used a Bussman fuse box large enough for daytime running light relays for future upgrade. I got the relays, fusebox, and pins from Mouser. the relays I used were the same type used on the vehicle the engine came from.

I wanted to do my first to "become one" with the harness lol. Quicker troubleshooting because I'd been from one end of it to the other.

climb-101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2 crew cab
Engine Size
6.0 LS
I used BP Automotive on my truck. they make a great harness and were great to deal with as well as fast getting it to me. I plan on using them for my next harness also. they use all new wires crimped to GM specs and they test everything before it leaves.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I ordered mine on alibaba. It’s the same harness many US companies sell. My harness was made to order the way I specified for $270 all in delivered to my door 8 days after I placed the order. The quality of the harness and connectors is OEM in my opinion. I’ve had no problems with it at all.
Of course the chinese harness is cheap af. Surprised it’s that much cheaper though.

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350

Did the wires in those kits come labeled? I checked into those on ebay, and the sellers will not respond to my question about the wires being labeled. I noticed a set of wires rolled up with no connectors and was wondering about them.

hunters628

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Did the wires in those kits come labeled? I checked into those on ebay, and the sellers will not respond to my question about the wires being labeled. I noticed a set of wires rolled up with no connectors and was wondering about them.
Mine came with an instruction book. It has a diagram showing what every connector is for and has all the wire colors and their destinations listed. Make it really easy to troubleshoot if needed. The people I ordered mine from were extremely helpful and responded quick.

hunters628

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
This is the seller I bought from. Just submit an inquiry and tell them what year motor and size, what transmission, what style injector plugs you need and they will tell you the cost. Mine showed up 8 days after I ordered it.
https://m.alibaba.com/product/60757...terKey":"7.8.2_share","cacheTime":"1800000"}}

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes