SSBC Drum To Disc Conversion Feeler Thread

What would GMSQUAREBODY Members like to see?

• SSBC Rear Drum To Disc Conversion Group Buy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nice discounts on anything and everything SSBC Related

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Keep the discounts simple and on a case by case basis

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • The heck with it, just mark them up to double and leave it at that....lol

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500HD
Engine Size
6.6L
1/2 ton 2wd have 5x5 and Caddy calipers with the e-brake, here in Texas you have to have an E-brake to pass inspection.

You already have calipers and discs in the back? The kits for the back from SSBC do not have the E-brake in the hub of the disc, but they have a mechanical E-brake built into the caliper, but it is not the ratcheting type, it is apparently some kind of screw type design exclusively from SSBC. They also have the Firm Feel master cylinder to help with overall pedal feel and improved brake pressure closer to a hydroboost type of set up.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
You already have calipers and discs in the back? The kits for the back from SSBC do not have the E-brake in the hub of the disc, but they have a mechanical E-brake built into the caliper, but it is not the ratcheting type, it is apparently some kind of screw type design exclusively from SSBC. They also have the Firm Feel master cylinder to help with overall pedal feel and improved brake pressure closer to a hydroboost type of set up.

No..... that's what I need. Can you get pics of the kit?

clkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500HD
Engine Size
6.6L
I know I have access to the "stock" photo of the kit and it's parts, but I am assuming you want pics of the kit installed?

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
both would be great, but either will do.

clkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500HD
Engine Size
6.6L
Below is the "stock photo" of the kit itself, I am still looking for an installed pic, but all of the submitted pics that I can find so far don't show the actual brakes, just the customer photos of their vehicles.

You must be registered for see images

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
That looks like a front conversion kit.

clkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500HD
Engine Size
6.6L
If you will notice, the calipers are single piston units. Also, they have a built in parking brake that is NOT like the ratcheting type mentioned elsewhere, it is an SSBC exclusive design that uses what I have been told is a mechanical design that is more dependable than the ratcheting types.

I am not sure about what the difference between what the two kits "look like", I just got that image from the SSBC website where they listed the rear kit.

clkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500HD
Engine Size
6.6L
I called SSBC about the picture of the kit or one installed on a customer ride, the pic provided is the closest thing they have to an Actual pic of that kit. I was told that they are working on obtaining kit pictures so that their website is as accurate as possible, but it is taking time as they offer over 3K different drum to disc conversion kits.

That being said, you can rest assured that if I am given all the correct information for your vehicle application you WILL receive the correct kit for your ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes