Square Body Tubular Doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Are there any good tubular offroad doors for Squares? Especially with mirrors. . . just testing the waters

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Off-road design has a set, I think DIY4x may have a set as well. Not sure about the mirrors, but wouldn't be hard to fab up.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Off-road design has a set, I think DIY4x may have a set as well. Not sure about the mirrors, but wouldn't be hard to fab up.

the offroad design ones are exactly as i had pictured, thanks man

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I have ORD doors and love them. I'm sure the diy4x doors are nice but, IMO, the ORD style flows better with the body lines. Also, the ORD doors use the factor striker pin where the diy4x doors use a special pin (I didn't want to change them in case I ever put the original doors back on)

For mirrors, I stuck a tab on the door and bought some UTV mirrors.

You must be registered for see images attach

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
I have ORD doors and love them. I'm sure the diy4x doors are nice but, IMO, the ORD style flows better with the body lines. Also, the ORD doors use the factor striker pin where the diy4x doors use a special pin (I didn't want to change them in case I ever put the original doors back on)

For mirrors, I stuck a tab on the door and bought some UTV mirrors.

WHOA IT'S YOU! I didn't know you were on this forum! I was looking up roll cages for my Jimmy on Google and your truck kept coming up (which is highly impressive)

SO tell me about your roll cage; mounting points, getting it through the dash, etc. I'm dying to know

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Yeah, I wander around here and on a couple of other forums (always "nvrenuf") when I should be working. lol

The cage is a cab kit plus family bar kit from diy4x.com. Going through the dash was easy for me because there's nothing there except aftermarket gauges and the glove box, I never had to deal with the HVAC, speakers, etc getting in the way. I cheated, really, since it's a dedicated wheeler. I had to trim the metal a little but given more patience I probably could have done it without trimming.

The cage is only mounted to the floor for now, I do intend to tie it to the frame but I suck at welding so I haven't tried to do it yet. It's just mounted at the 6 points using a mix of floor plates - the A pillar plates that were included and some custom plates Kert @ diy4x made for the B pillar with a bend to fit the floor better and larger plates for the C pillar so the bolts would all land on a high rib in the floor.

I also want to add more tubing to the cage but I think all that will be straight pieces - that's why I bought this cage, all the necessary bending is done so I didn't need to buy a bender, only a notcher.

The truck has a lot of neat parts but it's still a bit of a 30 footer so don't look too closely. lol If you need pics of anything specific let me know, I'll be glad to help.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Yeah, I wander around here and on a couple of other forums (always "nvrenuf") when I should be working. lol

The cage is a cab kit plus family bar kit from diy4x.com. Going through the dash was easy for me because there's nothing there except aftermarket gauges and the glove box, I never had to deal with the HVAC, speakers, etc getting in the way. I cheated, really, since it's a dedicated wheeler. I had to trim the metal a little but given more patience I probably could have done it without trimming.

The cage is only mounted to the floor for now, I do intend to tie it to the frame but I suck at welding so I haven't tried to do it yet. It's just mounted at the 6 points using a mix of floor plates - the A pillar plates that were included and some custom plates Kert @ diy4x made for the B pillar with a bend to fit the floor better and larger plates for the C pillar so the bolts would all land on a high rib in the floor.

I also want to add more tubing to the cage but I think all that will be straight pieces - that's why I bought this cage, all the necessary bending is done so I didn't need to buy a bender, only a notcher.

The truck has a lot of neat parts but it's still a bit of a 30 footer so don't look too closely. lol If you need pics of anything specific let me know, I'll be glad to help.

much appreciated, how did you/where did you cut the dash pad for the bars going to the front? And where exactly did you mount the front bars to the floor? I'm sure things like a parking brake and possibly clutch pedal make it difficult

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
A friend that was helping with the cage had a plasma cutter so it was a quick snip on the metal. (don't judge me by my dashpad lol)

I can get a better pic if needed but you can see the relationship between the A pillar and clutch pedal. I don't have an e-brake pedal (disc brakes using front calipers) but the tube would probably need to be adjusted some.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
I won't jud
A friend that was helping with the cage had a plasma cutter so it was a quick snip on the metal. (don't judge me by my dashpad lol)

I can get a better pic if needed but you can see the relationship between the A pillar and clutch pedal. I don't have an e-brake pedal (disc brakes using front calipers) but the tube would probably need to be adjusted some.

I won't judge you haha. This is excellent. Plasma cutter was a good idea too also

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
@nvrenuf

RETURNING TO AN OLD THREAD! How's the truck coming? after reviewing the thread i'm dying to know

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
@nvrenuf

RETURNING TO AN OLD THREAD! How's the truck coming? after reviewing the thread i'm dying to know

Hey man, honestly I have done much to it this summer. Not sure if you saw it in my build thread but I did change the tires & wheels. I found some beadlocks I've been wanting forever but they were 15's, since I had 16.5's it was out with the old and in with the new (40" Boggers). I like the bigger tires better but Interco was out of stock on 42" SXII's and TSL's and 40 LTB's so I figured why not Boggers.

I am in the middle of a carb change, going from a qjet to a Holley. The truck seems kind of lazy so I'm swapping to a fancy double pumper to see if it's a feeding issue or what. I'm going to add a AFR gauge also to help with jet, etc tuning. I really just need to get off my butt.