speedo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Where isnyour VSS, is it down at the trans with the cable connected to it, or is it the optical one behind the speedo?

My 87' R10 had the optical behind the speedo for the VSS. No electronics down by the trans. on mine.

jt1200r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
4.3/th400/3.08
behind the speedo.no noise before it quit

muppett

Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
c-10
Engine Size
3 part speedo cable

I have a 77 c-10 automatic with cruise control. I am having trouble finding a speedo cable to replace mine with. it has 3 parts .1 part goes from speedo to the cruise, 1 longest cable goes from cruise to a bracket under the middle of the cab,and then there is cable that goes from that bracket to the transmission.im told by the parts guys that it cant have that .well it does and the bracket looks original.anyone else seen this ?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I have a 77 c-10 automatic with cruise control. I am having trouble finding a speedo cable to replace mine with. it has 3 parts .1 part goes from speedo to the cruise, 1 longest cable goes from cruise to a bracket under the middle of the cab,and then there is cable that goes from that bracket to the transmission.im told by the parts guys that it cant have that .well it does and the bracket looks original.anyone else seen this ?

There ya go, he answered it. :High 5:

Yes, I had this setup on the Blue Burb in my sig.

muppett

Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
c-10
Engine Size
thanks guys .that did it.i just needed the one 63" cable .took the 4th parts guy to get it for me localy.now i will fabricate a heat sheild as the exhaust runs pretty close below it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loki1978