Speaker questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77serriaclassic

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
Gmc serria classic
Engine Size
350 (5.7L)
Hey everyone I have a 77k15 and was wondering how to get the best sound at the cheapest price I enjoy hearing words in a song and not the bass I listen to country so I have no need for the 5 subs under the seat as of right now my speakers in the dash are blown and have the original radio wired to two speakers from the 80's that are being held to the back of the cab by the magnets on them willing to try anything just on a limited budget!!!!

Ol' Red

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I have a 77 c10 that came with an am radio. I'm choosing to keep things as stock as possible but AM wasn't gonna cut it. I bought an old school (80's) Jensen stereo on eBay. I pulled the center speaker in the dash and bought a pair of Pioneer 3" speakers and mounted them side by side in the center dash (as a left and right). Bought a couple of 6x9 Kenwoods at a yard sale ($5) and mounted those in the back corners using plywood bracket/boxes. Bought a dual channel amp at a pawn shop for $30 to drive the rear speakers louder. The whole system sounds awesome. Plenty loud enough to hear over my motor and exhaust. Best part is it was cheap!

Attachments

• Stereo2.jpg
    Stereo2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 212
  • Stereo3.jpg
    Stereo3.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 222

USMCk10

Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
What is the budget you are working with that will determine a lot of the direction you are going with your sound. It will decide if you are getting an amp or making the most out of your head unit or a new one. The first thing and the cheapest thing to do for a sound system is a new head unit. Stock radios push about 10-15w per channel. New radios put out about 45-50. This will greatly improve your sound it the cab. It allows the speakers to get more clean power instead of struggling with the little amount it is currently getting.
Before I got in the Marine Corps I worked at a shop and all I did was electrical and sound systems for them. And that is the advice I gave every single customer. All in all new head unit and some decent speakers you will be more than happy.

This is the radio I installed in my c3 corvette. I will attach some more pictures in the next post of the rest of the work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 131

USMCk10

Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
This is the amp I installed behind the seat of the vette

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 111

USMCk10

Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
This is the speaker box I put in the back. By no means do you need to go this far but this is a small sound system that sounds very good and I did this on a budget. Newly married and really didn't feel like being in the dog house right away.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 121

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bonanza 77