Spark plug gap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Welcome to the internet.

I was thinking some kind of contamination like burning oil or antifreeze, but spark ignition engines are not my long suit. So I figured I'd leave it for the gas engine guys who have more firsthand than I do.

And BTW, the girl wanted to be treated like one of the guys, and when I did that I got a bunch of hate. I had enough reality to work it out with her and a few people here (except the guy who got banned for his nonsense, which I think had nothing to do with me) and we kept on with the Squarebody thing. Although the girl has kind of vanished and that's not a good thing either.

So the moral of my story is,... It's the internet, think of all the good info and help you've got here, and don't take yourself so seriously.

And don't take me seriously either.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
And apparently that was my 1000th post here.

Go figure. :rolleyes:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Guess we'll have to include plug gapping along with center consoles.
Don’t forget glove box screw length and quieter mufflers so I can hear my girlfriend better....

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Don’t forget glove box screw length and quieter mufflers so I can hear my girlfriend better....
I thought that list should have been longer. I always forget those two. Lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
You reached out at 10:08 and didn't get a reply by 12:15.... so now you're angry? Understandable being broke is NO JOKE but you're not the only one here suffering. Calm down a bit and don't burn bridges, you're appreciated here like everyone else.

As far as your plugs, you did the right thing. Clean and reduce the monster gap that wears them out in a hurry. They actually look like they should be replaced but you can still run them.

I hope your financial drama changes soon.
Am I appreciated here????? Awww

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

But quieter mufflers was the same person as the floor console. I think that means they cancel out? Lol.

But anyway...

I would have cleaned and re-gapped the plugs too. Hopefully there will be an update in the future. I think the plug condition was due to either repeated short trips, or an engine that consumes some oil.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
But quieter mufflers was the same person as the floor console. I think that means they cancel out? Lol.

But anyway...

I would have cleaned and re-gapped the plugs too. Hopefully there will be an update in the future. I think the plug condition was due to either repeated short trips, or an engine that consumes some oil.
No that just means he proved his lack of manhood and intelligence it just was in 2 different threads

85 CA SIERRA 1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
TRACEY
Truck Year
Truck Model
SIERRA CLASSIC
Engine Size
I love this site thanks for the sticker 25 bucks and a big go **** yourself. I reached out multiple times to admins for sticker and general knowledge HotRod Is a good dude and a few others but because I ain't got a million dollar truck or speak proper mechanic etiquette my questions get looked past. I learned a lot here about my truck. The site has a lot of good info I just simply asked for a little direction where to look. Thanks guys have fun with your 6 figure a year job and 30k trucks someone else built. While your wife is getting plowed by the Mexican cutting your gorgeous lawn.
WHOA there 86'Burb,,,,you only posted yesterday, jeez, give folks a chance to find your post, sometimes it takes a bit for those who know to respond, no doubt there were probably quite a few who viewed but were not positive on the answer and did not want to give you bad advice.
Anyway, I most likely would have done the same , clean and re-gap given budget restraints, my way of thinkin is only cost a little time and if that did not make it run right then open the piggy bank.
So, did it work, back to runnin right???
How big was the gap when you pulled them???
All the best,
Tracey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
That picture results from a cracked insulator. ONE PLUG being gapped "too big" is a retarded consideration. If you must re-gap ONE then you must RE-GAP THEM ALL.

That one is broken and requires replacement. Too bad you spent all of your "walking around money" on stickers for your broke_dick truck. :shrug:
Priorities. Get some and tell Jwow I said hi. Sweet black wheels, douche.

You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
That picture results from a cracked insulator. ONE PLUG being gapped "too big" is a retarded consideration. If you must re-gap ONE then you must RE-GAP THEM ALL.

That one is broken and requires replacement. Too bad you spent all of your "walking around money" on stickers for your broke_dick truck. :shrug:
Priorities. Get some and tell Jwow I said hi. Sweet black wheels, douche.
Did someone have a little piss in their Cheerios this morning? Lol when in doubt put stickers on it and paint the wheels black that will make it run right for sure and add horsepower!!

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I love this site thanks for the sticker 25 bucks and a big go **** yourself. I reached out multiple times to admins for sticker and general knowledge HotRod Is a good dude and a few others but because I ain't got a million dollar truck or speak proper mechanic etiquette my questions get looked past. I learned a lot here about my truck. The site has a lot of good info I just simply asked for a little direction where to look. Thanks guys have fun with your 6 figure a year job and 30k trucks someone else built. While your wife is getting plowed by the Mexican cutting your gorgeous lawn.

We don have time to cater to every post the very second it is posted as we all have our own lives off of the internet, trucks and other hobbies that take us away from the PC. As for the girl's posts it looked to me like they were mostly done overnight when people cant be in the garage making noise, or working graveyard shift and slow, not mid morning on the weekend.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Did someone have a little piss in their Cheerios this morning? Lol when in doubt put stickers on it and paint the wheels black that will make it run right for sure and add horsepower!!

Looking back.... I HAVE been awake since yesterday. :shrug:
Think I woke up at 4pm. Whatever.
Got some nerve talkin all that **** over a broken spark plug insulator!

Dude. Look at it. Bad ground. Wtf do you want us to do about it? Start a collection and take up donations and ****?
Join the club!

wait...:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes