Spark plug gap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86suburbanNJ609

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I changed spark plugs approximately 12000 miles ago and I gapped them .45. Going through the truck this morning I checked this #2 spark plug this is what I got. My question is should I pull them all clean them and regap at .35? Or get new ones and gap them .45? I need some help on this one guys I'm broke as a joke I I need this suburban running it's our family daily driver.

You must be registered for see images attach

86suburbanNJ609

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I cleaned them all up and gapped at .35.

86suburbanNJ609

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I love this site thanks for the sticker 25 bucks and a big go **** yourself. I reached out multiple times to admins for sticker and general knowledge HotRod Is a good dude and a few others but because I ain't got a million dollar truck or speak proper mechanic etiquette my questions get looked past. I learned a lot here about my truck. The site has a lot of good info I just simply asked for a little direction where to look. Thanks guys have fun with your 6 figure a year job and 30k trucks someone else built. While your wife is getting plowed by the Mexican cutting your gorgeous lawn.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Geeze fella, it's the weekend and it's nice weather a lot of places. Not everyone has enough time to check every thread and respond within just a few hours of you posting.

And the rig your working on is probably nicer than all of mine...

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
So there's supposed to be someone on staff 24-7 to spoon feed you the remedial information that's printed on the sticker on the core support?

86suburbanNJ609

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
It's funny when I talk **** feelings got involved. A few months ago a chick was on here and any question she asked there would be 25 comments in a hour to help her out. Now I know to put a pretty chicks avatar on here and put a bitchs name I'll have all the answers and parts I need. Actually quite pathetic if you ask me. But I'm good live and learn. Go EAGLES!!!

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
In his defense, 74 minutes was plenty of time for an answer. Of course they was the completion of the project so who knows how long he actually waited for some advice?

P.S. I thought the big **** you’s were complimentary on here. I didn’t know I should be paying for them.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
yeah, an avatar and a name would go a long way, since you've already figured out how to act like one.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I love this site thanks for the sticker 25 bucks and a big go **** yourself. I reached out multiple times to admins for sticker and general knowledge HotRod Is a good dude and a few others but because I ain't got a million dollar truck or speak proper mechanic etiquette my questions get looked past. I learned a lot here about my truck. The site has a lot of good info I just simply asked for a little direction where to look. Thanks guys have fun with your 6 figure a year job and 30k trucks someone else built. While your wife is getting plowed by the Mexican cutting your gorgeous lawn.

You reached out at 10:08 and didn't get a reply by 12:15.... so now you're angry? Understandable being broke is NO JOKE but you're not the only one here suffering. Calm down a bit and don't burn bridges, you're appreciated here like everyone else.

As far as your plugs, you did the right thing. Clean and reduce the monster gap that wears them out in a hurry. They actually look like they should be replaced but you can still run them.

I hope your financial drama changes soon.

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
I googled it and found pages of info.....and it's .035"-.045"

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size

Look, we all know obama care has ****** everyone. But do try to get some medication. I mean, damn, get a grip. Nobody here hates you or ignores you.

And point blank, if I had a proper answer to give you I would and, if I didn't I ain't sayin' ****.

I wish I DID have a 6 figure a year job and although my truck only cost me $4200 I feel like I've spent $30K on it. And I take care of my own lawn thank you very much.

Chill dude.

And another thing, EAGLES are GREAT, with mashed potatoes and gravy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL