Spare Tire Carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Well, got my spare tire carrier from ajdemello yesterday and just wanted to say he is an A-OK guy in my book. Carrier was in great shape and all components were there. Have already trial fitted it and other than needing to move the one bracket to the outer holes as necessary for the 1 ton it's going to work perfectly, no more spare tire just laying in the bed chained to the bed rails! Thanks AJ

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Well, got my spare tire carrier from ajdemello yesterday and just wanted to say he is an A-OK guy in my book. Carrier was in great shape and all components were there. Have already trial fitted it and other than needing to move the one bracket to the outer holes as necessary for the 1 ton it's going to work perfectly, no more spare tire just laying in the bed chained to the bed rails! Thanks AJ
I guess I should probably start looking for one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
No problem! I can see it being better then rolling around in the bed. Up here those stupid things get so rusted in from riding round under the truck! I wonder what the biggest tire you could fit under the bed would be anyways? ... im looking at 35s when im all said and done. I guess you get get longer bolts im sure the tire would hang lower. And as long as the exhust wasnt in the way.

Wracks81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 scottsdale
Engine Size
Hello Wracks81, I'm interested in one of your spare tire carriers. I'm in Missouri area code 65265.

Checking shipping tomorrow!

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
No problem! I can see it being better then rolling around in the bed. Up here those stupid things get so rusted in from riding round under the truck! I wonder what the biggest tire you could fit under the bed would be anyways? ... im looking at 35s when im all said and done. I guess you get get longer bolts im sure the tire would hang lower. And as long as the exhust wasnt in the way.

I have never seen one factory mounted IRL but i'd like to know. My first guess is a 28?
What was the OEM size? On a 16?

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have never seen one factory mounted IRL but i'd like to know. My first guess is a 28?
What was the OEM size? On a 16?
Mine has 235s which i think is factory. Got to be close to 28 inchs. I could put it back up there and take some measurements to know forsure. I just was thinking being a 1 ton my shocks could get in the way too.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Mine has 235s which i think is factory. Got to be close to 28 inchs. I could put it back up there and take some measurements to know forsure. I just was thinking being a 1 ton my shocks could get in the way too.

235/85R16 is 31.7". Shocks on the 1 ton is not the issue, but the width of the receiver hitch. Due to the fact my truck has an aftermarket hitch, I have to modify the mount locations and move it about an inch to the front.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
235/85R16 is 31.7". Shocks on the 1 ton is not the issue, but the width of the receiver hitch. Due to the fact my truck has an aftermarket hitch, I have to modify the mount locations and move it about an inch to the front.
Wow they seems so much smaller then a 31 Lol.. If thats the case seems like you should be able to come up with 2 inchs all the way around without to much trouble. I will have to check out the hitch though and see how it sits. What size tire did you get under the bed?

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Wow they seems so much smaller then a 31 Lol.. If thats the case seems like you should be able to come up with 2 inchs all the way around without to much trouble. I will have to check out the hitch though and see how it sits. What size tire did you get under the bed?

I haven't permanently mounted it yet, just test fitted it. I had an 87 K20 back in 1989 with an OEM 235/85R16 tire under there though. That will fit within the width of my current hitch.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc

Thank you.

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
I don't know if anyone is interested but I have the spare tire carrier that puts the wheel upright in the bed of the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84