Soon to be new member…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
It needs some love, but the poor feller handed me a stack of receipts from the last 2 years totaling about double what I paid him for it. (Take note, keeping up an old car if you can’t do any of the work yourself is VERY expensive…) And he topped off both fuel tanks!
AND he swears the new trim which is still down in Oregon is actually ‘77 yellow stripe trim!
Bout 8oz of steering juice, an 1157 bulb and a new turn signal flasher and she drove home like a beauty.
First stop was at my plumber buddy’s house for 2” of pex tubing aka super door closer fixer upper. Slamming the doors was hurting my brain!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Looks like it’s riding on bicycle tires….kinda torn between the grampa look and what I know must be done!
Make it easy for me…. Anyone around here looking for a brand new set of 15” Toyo ATs on original rims? If I don’t have wheels for it, I gotta get some fat tires, right?
You must be registered for see images attach

fofiddyfo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
R3500
Engine Size
So glad this truck ended up in your hands instead of someone who wanted to work it to death!

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Excellent score! Beautiful. I would be torn between keeping it OG or modifying. Such a clean slate/canvas.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Detroit Steel Artillery wheels and a drop???

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Detroit Steel Artillery wheels and a drop???
Hahaha Think I’m more Delray than Artillery, but Ive been telling myself no big steelies. Then I see this. Would never do black wheels on that truck but could envision crème colored to match the stripe!
In reality I need to get a set of decent looking rallys or something for now and some fat tires.
Thinkin 3/4 drop. I like a little rake and don’t want it slammed. Besides gotta keep it a little higher to make room for chrome side pipes….
Whatever, got about 30 “to do” things just to clean it up and make it presentable. After that it’ll likely just be a daily for one of the kids this summer. Then maybe tear into it.

Attachments

• IMG_4012.png
    IMG_4012.png
    544.3 KB · Views: 19

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You know my opinion! Make it like Arby's, give it the meat!
I concur!
I know you got like 3 other sets of wheels for yours. You used to change them like underwear! I’ll take whichever ones you like the least!
Think of it as a squarebody go fund me….

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Hahaha Think I’m more Delray than Artillery, but Ive been telling myself no big steelies. Then I see this. Would never do black wheels on that truck but could envision crème colored to match the stripe!
In reality I need to get a set of decent looking rallys or something for now and some fat tires.
Thinkin 3/4 drop. I like a little rake and don’t want it slammed. Besides gotta keep it a little higher to make room for chrome side pipes….
Whatever, got about 30 “to do” things just to clean it up and make it presentable. After that it’ll likely just be a daily for one of the kids this summer. Then maybe tear into it.
Awesome. No slamming necessary. Rallies and a 3/4 sound excellent.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I love a rake on a dropped Chevy!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Edit, just checked, initial list is 28 items. Separate from the “mods” list. Lol.
That’s why I grabbed this truck. It only needs 100 things, not 1000…
(That was my reasoning behind the blue truck back in the day too)
Not that it’s happening tomorrow or even next month, but holy fook, there’s about 100 different drop kits out there.
In general (@TotalyHucked or anyone else with some experience here) what’s best? Drop spindles and rear spring relocate/shackles?

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Edit, just checked, initial list is 28 items. Separate from the “mods” list. Lol.
That’s why I grabbed this truck. It only needs 100 things, not 1000…
(That was my reasoning behind the blue truck back in the day too)
Not that it’s happening tomorrow or even next month, but holy fook, there’s about 100 different drop kits out there.
In general (@TotalyHucked or anyone else with some experience here) what’s best? Drop spindles and rear spring relocate/shackles?
I always go with Belltech or McGaughys. There’s no better for a half ton. 2.5” drop spindles (or 3s, but 3s hurt your turning radius), cut the stock springs till you’re happy (cuz aftermarket drop springs are all too soft IMO), flip kit with a shackle in the rear and just trim the bed brace if it’s got short springs. Then Belltech SP shocks no matter what. That’s my setup and you know how much I drive.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I always go with Belltech or McGaughys. There’s no better for a half ton. 2.5” drop spindles (or 3s, but 3s hurt your turning radius), cut the stock springs till you’re happy (cuz aftermarket drop springs are all too soft IMO), flip kit with a shackle in the rear and just trim the bed brace if it’s got short springs. Then Belltech SP shocks no matter what. That’s my setup and you know how much I drive.
Nice. Thanks.
It’s on the shortlist of improvements. For sure.
Haven’t measured but being a F44 truck I think it has the long (56”? Idk) springs.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Nice. Thanks.
It’s on the shortlist of improvements. For sure.
Haven’t measured but being a F44 truck I think it has the long (56”? Idk) springs.
Not necessarily, my buddy has an F44 truck and it has the 52s. Not sure why that is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS