somethings missing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

no slack

Reaction score
First Name
Antonio
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
5.7 350 TBI
ok I have a truck thats a part of two trucks the cab is from a 1981 with non auto windows and locks. The rest of the fram is from a 1987 with TBI the motor put in is from a 1995 chevy 1500 TBI now thats out the way this is what im writing about the 1995 motor has two sensor I can see from under the hood one ont the driver side of the block and one on the intake close to the water hoes the ignition coil plug also has a connection for a sensor the wire harness from the 1987 has a connection that seems to be for the sensor close to the water hoes and a connection that fits the sensor on the side of the block all the other connections seem to be missing on the wall behind the motor I can see a plug that has PED 40 on it that is not connected to anything the gagues dont work on the truck oil, temp. when I connect a 20 gage fuse in the fuse spot under the steering wheel it blowaI would like to have everything working normal whats the best thing to do to make this happen I have no idea what way to go

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I hope you don't mind Mr. no slack - I tried to make your post a bit more readable. Is this about right?

I have a truck thats made from parts of two trucks.

The cab is from a 1981 with non auto windows and locks.

The rest of the frame is from a 1987 with TBI.

The motor put in is from a 1995 chevy 1500 TBI.

Now that that's out of the way; this is what im writing about:

The 1995 motor has two sensors I can see from under the hood. One is on the driver's side of the block and one is on the intake close to the water hose.

The ignition coil plug also has a connection for a sensor.

The wiring harness from the 1987 has a connection that seems to be for the sensor that is close to the water hose and also a connection that fits the sensor on the LH side of the block.

All the other connections seem to be missing on the wall behind the motor.

I can see a plug that has PED 40 embossed on it. That plug is not connected to anything.

The gauges (oil pressure, coolant temp) do not work. If I put a new 20 amp fuse in the gauge slot on the fuse block, it blows immediately.

I would like to have everything working normally. Whats the best thing to do to make this happen? I have no idea what way to go?

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
ok pretty confusing, but here goes...

you need a coolant temp sensor for a gauge or light whichever your truck has, get one for the year TRUCK not the motor, and it goes into the driver's side head.

That should make the temp gauge work.

The oil pressure should be behind the distributor, usually on tbi trucks it has 2 back there from a fitting r even just one there and one down by the oil filter. One is used with the tbi computer and should stay, so you have to figure out which one is there and hooked up or if more then one is hooked up.

Then same thing buy an oil pressure switch for the truck not the motor, make sure it's for a truck with gauges if your truck has gauges, or it's for one with lights if it only has warning lights. Install it in back or even down low by the oil filter if there's room, and that shoul make the oil pressure gauge work.

honestly though wha I do is buy the triple pod aftermarket set, usually under $50 and use them, they come with fitings and everything and to me is just more accurate then stock in dash ones.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Sounds like he's missing the ESC harness on the firewall of the '81 cab too.

no slack

Reaction score
First Name
Antonio
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
5.7 350 TBI
Thanks this information will help a lot will update soon and also find out more about ESC harness

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EazyT