SOLD $500 6.2 Burb in Woodstock, VA Buy it, or it's being scrapped.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So that means Dave can't buy it? Now he'll never get a square...

And it may sound odd to some, but I kinda miss Dave around here.

I didn't mind Dave at all. Until he'd get to the point he pissed people off and they started in on him. Quite obvious he wasn't 100% upstairs but I think he really wanted to try. What pisses me off more than people like him, are the people who have it, and let it go to waste. Which I feel like I've been doing the last several years.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I didn't mind Dave at all. Until he'd get to the point he pissed people off and they started in on him. Quite obvious he wasn't 100% upstairs but I think he really wanted to try. What pisses me off more than people like him, are the people who have it, and let it go to waste. Which I feel like I've been doing the last several years.

You ain't letting anything go to waste. At some point, something good is going to happen and kick your ass right out of the slump you're in.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You ain't letting anything go to waste. At some point, something good is going to happen and kick your ass right out of the slump you're in.

You can trust, I'm even more sick of it than anyone here. Fact is, and I know most realize it, I have some great parts and several great projects starts and can't seem to get a damn one of them off the friggin ground. It's frustrating as hell. And now here I get a hot deal on TBI vehicle that's complete and unmolested, 98% rust free and it may be going over the scale. But hey, maybe not. :hmm:

Milblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MilBlazer
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
You can trust, I'm even more sick of it than anyone here. Fact is, and I know most realize it, I have some great parts and several great projects starts and can't seem to get a damn one of them off the friggin ground. It's frustrating as hell. And now here I get a hot deal on TBI vehicle that's complete and unmolested, 98% rust free and it may be going over the scale. But hey, maybe not. :hmm:

Why cant you get any of them going? Parts, time, money, or motivation?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Why cant you get any of them going? Parts, time, money, or motivation?

2 trucks are going. Health issues mainly. But employment pretty much sucks too working for Mom and Pop tow companies. I'm so financiaily Fuct now, I can't even get a biz account to start my own biz. Really buddy, I could BLAME alot of things including getting Fuct over by family in several ways, but it would come out as excuses. And IMO, that's what it is. I've had it very rough several times in my life, and I did fine and come out of it smelling like a rose with determination and hard work. Now days with the health issues, surgery scars, meds I take that show up in drug screens, I can't even fake it to get a fair job to save my life. And I wouldn't be telling the whole truth if I didn't say motivation hasn't been a partial factor. There's times when I"ve had enough ****, I shut down and go with the I don't give a *** attitude and it can last a week or 2 at times.

Milblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MilBlazer
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
2 trucks are going. Health issues mainly. But employment pretty much sucks too working for Mom and Pop tow companies. I'm so financiaily Fuct now, I can't even get a biz account to start my own biz. Really buddy, I could BLAME alot of things including getting Fuct over by family in several ways, but it would come out as excuses. And IMO, that's what it is. I've had it very rough several times in my life, and I did fine and come out of it smelling like a rose with determination and hard work. Now days with the health issues, surgery scars, meds I take that show up in drug screens, I can't even fake it to get a fair job to save my life. And I wouldn't be telling the whole truth if I didn't say motivation hasn't been a partial factor. There's times when I"ve had enough ****, I shut down and go with the I don't give a *** attitude and it can last a week or 2 at times.

If its health take it slow. Those squares will still be there in a couple months. Focus on one thing a time or you will lose it. You have enough $ for food and heat bills at least, right?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've been taking it slow on these projects for over 3 years now. I was supposed to have been on disability 17 years ago and refused. Been trying to get there now the last 4 years, but it's never a good time due to finances. It takes way to long to get it approved, usually over a year and sometimes up to 2 years from the time you apply, and you can't be working at the time you apply. So how does a person go 1-2 years without income? That's the whole diilema. I've not been in that financial position. Kinda why I've kept my trucks too. It was my hopes to have some supplemental income. I don't even care to discuss the cash situation.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I've been taking it slow on these projects for over 3 years now. I was supposed to have been on disability 17 years ago and refused. Been trying to get there now the last 4 years, but it's never a good time due to finances. It takes way to long to get it approved, usually over a year and sometimes up to 2 years from the time you apply, and you can't be working at the time you apply. So how does a person go 1-2 years without income? That's the whole diilema. I've not been in that financial position. Kinda why I've kept my trucks too. It was my hopes to have some supplemental income. I don't even care to discuss the cash situation.

Hang in there bud :console:

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
Preaching to the choir man. I've got 5 trucks in various stages of disassembly our disrepair. Even my once daily driven K1500 is down for the count. My kids come first, and I work a ton. Leaves not much time for "me" stuff, and it gets to you. Not having the money for the "me" stuff its the same story. I don't want a show truck, I don't want a comp truck, I want something with 2 doors and a bed that I can drive, enjoy, and work.

My 80 K2500 lost it's body almost 2 years ago. It's getting a big block, 80e, and a 241. Tired of piles of parts. I'm going to piece this one together, then start whittling down my inventory.

v2500burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v2500
Engine Size
350ci
$500 6.2 Burb in Woodstock, VA Buy it, or it's being scrapped.

Is this thing still available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I have no clue. It was a FB ad on the Squarebody Classifieds page. I don't remember the guys name and as long as it's been, I'd never find that post.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohiokm