Side window falls out of channel halfway up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Recently my D/S started doing something weird. I don't know if something came loose or its just the change in weather. You know how temperamental these squares can be. Doors have been completely rebuilt last year. Been working fine until this.

As I roll the window up, about halfway the top leans outward to the point it comes out of the front vertical channel unless I pull it back in and continue rolling it up.

Any idea what may have happened? Do you know which bolts/nut may have come loose or caused something to slip?

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Ok so I found this thread on the same subject...

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@SquareRoot,

It seems to me I had that problem in my old Dodge Dart and that the weather stripping has either gone bad, shrunk, or it's out of position in the back window frame. As long as it's all good the window does okay. So what else could it be other than the window runner at the back of the window opening. It seem to me if it was the vent window runner you'd see that. You know that rubber cracks and pieces fall off but I don't think it would cause the window to come out of the track. That is the runner at the back of the window opening. See if you can move it and see if you can move it back into position. And that fuzz that's on the runner has worn off. That may cause it to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg