Window sweep doesn't quite fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhotonFanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wilhelm
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
I bought the precision brand window sweeps for my 87, but as you can see from the image, one doesn't quite fit. I don't know if it's something wrong with the door, or my installation. The driver's side seal fits fine and works fine.

In the top left of the pic, you can see that the window leaves a gap when rolled up. I have power windows, and that's as far as it will roll up. It's fine except this one area. Upon inspection, you see that the seal appears to be somehow... too far up into the channel.

The only idea I can come up with, is to inhibit the seal's ability to get up that far. Maybe by gluing the sides of the seal to the inside of the channel. How would you handle this? It also looks like the seal doesn't really fit into the channel, all the way along the door. At least not well. But if I stuff it in there all the way, it will pinch too tight and there's no way the window will roll up. Thank you

Attachments

• NewSealPic.jpeg
    NewSealPic.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 61

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969