Shuddering when braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtbnz

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
After spending time organising for the discs to be machined on the vehicle, and shop not able to do it as the top hat arrangement their machine could not reach. So stripped it all down, to take it to them, found bearing were very worn. Replaced bearings and found another shop that had bigger brake lathe and could machine on truck (which I prefer). Now with new bearings and rotors machined, truck brakes smooth with no shuddering/bouncing. Think problem was a combination of worn bearings and warped rotors. Happy it’s fixed and is a pleasure to drive again. Thanks for all you help guys.

59840Surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
350 Stroker to 383 with a 400 crank, Crane Cam, Q-Jet, single 3.5" exhaust..
I didn't notice if this vehicle in question was raised or not.

If it is raised, I had this same crazy vibration when I followed the faulty instruction sheet and put the taper in, in the wrong direction.

This caused a severe vibration as the rear driveshaft was being pulled out of the transfer case and this forced the u-joint angles to wrong dimensions.

The u-joints have to have the same drive angle as each other other --- mostly all of the time.

What I have right now isn't perfect, but it's pretty good, and seems to be the best of both extremes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strokedK15