Show your daily driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
1995 Explorer 4wd, bought it for $1100 5 years ago and driving the wheels off of it. Leaks in all 4 corners but still starts and drives!
Wow, a 2 door. Those are pretty rare aren't they? Dont seem them too often.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
not my daily, but my son's.
he just got his license a couple weeks ago, so his first ride ever. found a '91 Firebird V6 auto/od from an older guy who took pretty good shape of it. little over 100 thousand, runs perfect, smooth and straight. pretty good deal i figure for $3700. two things that impressed me most was the originality, and how it's been completely un-butchered, not one thing changed from stock.
only probs been minor, ordered new struts for the hatch, new sweeps for the winda's, had to do the F-body hi/low beam switch adjustment, and just changed all the fluids.
pretty stock, right down to the cassette deck. we did replace all 4 speakers with some new Kickers. a newer system will go in shortly.
You must be registered for see images attach

paint is sun faded on top, started clay baring and polishing. dr side done.

for just a 3.1 it's got some wheeties, found this on the fender couple days ago...but not to concerned, there just cheap cr@ppy 10 yr old undersized china tires.
I remember back in high school (2003-04 or so) I wanted to but a '91 V6 firebird I found for sale for like 1200 bucks, white, automatic, not fast at all. My old man said no because it was "too fast" even though he full well knew it wasn't "fast". He just thought if I had a firebirdI would be a dumba$$ and do burnouts and stuff which probably wasn't wrong. But man, was he pissed when I came home and told him the $600 j@p car I bought was capable of going 130mph,, that firebird probably couldn't have mustered 110 lol. And so started my long history or J@p cars, to this day I have had several that were fast, but only a couple american cars that were "quick" which I still love regardless, finally have a bastardized version of my dream car, working on building a bandit trans am. As much as I love it, sorry to say I know for a fact that my daily driver 4banger Japanese sedan will SMOKE that T/A in any scenario. Maybe if Dad wasn't so strict with cars I would live in a world where I thought 305s attached to 700R4s or some heavy crap like Harley Davidsons were fast, unfortunately for him now in my mid-30s I own a fleet of stupid fast Japanese stuff which would've never happened if he just let me buy my dumb American "bada$$" stuff I always wanted...

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Didn't they call the 2-door the "Explorer Sport" back in that era? I may be remember wrong though.
Nah, I'm pretty sure you're right. That was exactly what I thought when I saw it too. My cousin had one (as well as a couple friends), and I worked in a junkyard when they were still relatively current. Pretty sure all the 2dr Exploders were "sport"s. While the one in the picture is automatic, it was much more likely to find one of those in 5spd than a 4door was (if th 4door models were even available with a standard, not too sure).

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Nah, I'm pretty sure you're right. That was exactly what I thought when I saw it too. My cousin had one (as well as a couple friends), and I worked in a junkyard when they were still relatively current. Pretty sure all the 2dr Exploders were "sport"s. While the one in the picture is automatic, it was much more likely to find one of those in 5spd than a 4door was (if th 4door models were even available with a standard, not too sure).

I don't think that I've ever seen a 4-door with a manual trans either now that I think about it.

That generation of Explorers were actually pretty good vehicles. The ambulance service that I worked for had a couple as QRV's. We beat the ever loving tar out of those and they were very reliable.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Didn't they call the 2-door the "Explorer Sport" back in that era? I may be remember wrong though.
No clue, not a big explorer guy. Sounds about right.

My boss has 6. One of the most comfortable vehicles ever.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

The tail end of that body style, yes. When they did the all new Explorer in the early 00's, it was a 4-door only type bodystyle. But they carried on the old body style 2-door for a few years, with minor styling changes so it looked similar to the new body 4-door. I believe they were all called an Explorer Sport. Same with the 4-door pickup "Sport Trac". It was the old body style too.

Iirc, those carry-over models were a pain to work on under the hood. They had the newer engine like the "new" 4-door Explorer and accessing basic stuff wasn't always easy because it wasn't designed around the old body.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Yep, or they called it a Mazda Navajo iirc.

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have been running my old Ram daily for some time now. 5.9 Cummins G56 6-speed, tune, South Bend Clutch, etc. It's loud, smells like a spent shotgun shell, and people tend not to want to park next to it for some reason. Perfect daily for my commute.

Jimbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
The tail end of that body style, yes. When they did the all new Explorer in the early 00's, it was a 4-door only type bodystyle. But they carried on the old body style 2-door for a few years, with minor styling changes so it looked similar to the new body 4-door. I believe they were all called an Explorer Sport. Same with the 4-door pickup "Sport Trac". It was the old body style too.

Iirc, those carry-over models were a pain to work on under the hood. They had the newer engine like the "new" 4-door Explorer and accessing basic stuff wasn't always easy because it wasn't designed around the old body.
The original model v6 wasn't the easiest either. I had to replace a starter in this one and couldn't see it happening. So far, starter, brakes twice, battery and tires twice.plus oil when needed. Not bad for a throwaway car...

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
Still have my old ones (really need to sell the Caprice) https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/show-your-daily-driver.31126/ but I've had a new one for going on a year. Not at all an SUV person, but this (2019, 17K miles) is handy with my two spinal surgeries this year. The 6.2L screams and gets surprising good mileage (especially for a 5800# 4wd brick).

Attachments

• Yukon.jpg
    Yukon.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 43

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Not my daily, but snapped a quick pic of my old Vette today. Getting it ready for another show next week if the weather cooperates.

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Im still rockin my $400 junkyard saved s10! Lol ive already showed it a few times but.... eh wth!
Mines still going strong too!! Had to replace the clutch, throw out bearing and slave cylinder for a second time in 10,000 miles last week, tho. Faulty parts suck but becoming more and more common

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tporter79