Should i fix the TBI or go to carb? And what's this wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Drew this up quick. Look like it will work?
You must be registered for see images attach

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I'd use a relay I wrote this up for somebody already with part numbers. I'll try to find it brb
I read a few things you wrote on relays.

Im familar on how to wire them, just wondering if i should put a fuse too and where

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I read a few things you wrote on relays.

Im familar on how to wire them, just wondering if i should put a fuse too and where
Look at what I wrote up. I would fuse terminal 30von the relay as close to my 12v source as possible. Your diagram would work I don't like it but it would work. The way I wrote it the pump would run during crank and as long as there was oil pressure,and no remembering to turn a switch on and off.If you want to run it off a toggle switch just get a toggle with enough amp.rating for your pump. 12v from battery to fuse,fuse to switch switch to pump.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Look at what I wrote up. I would fuse terminal 30von the relay as close to my 12v source as possible. Your diagram would work I don't like it but it would work. The way I wrote it the pump would run during crank and as long as there was oil pressure,and no remembering to turn a switch on and off.If you want to run it off a toggle switch just get a toggle with enough amp.rating for your pump. 12v from battery to fuse,fuse to switch switch to pump.
Well i liked the idea of having a toggle for security reasons. If anyone tried stealing it, itd get as far, as whats in the carb, switch would be semi secret. I didnt want to mess with the oil pressure switch, thats how the old fuel pump ran, and i had alot of issues with tha whole setup.

So a fuse between the battery and the relay would be better. Okay.

My orginal thought was just a switch and fuse, but i thought the pumps going to running along time, i didnt really all that power going threw my switch under the dash at all times.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
So i just went out and wired it up.

This is your picture you sent...
...according to this, i have it wired exactly the same right now, except i bypassed the ignition switch with a toggle.

I ran a 10 or 12 gauge wire from the positive bus block on the firewall, inside to an inline fuse with a 30 amp, to tab30, a 14 gauge wire from tab87 to the pump, and a 14 gauge grounded to the frame. Then i have a 16 gauge running from key on power in the fuse box to a inline 10 amp, then to my toggle on the dash, then a 16 gauge to tab86, and a 14 gauge from tab85 to shiney spot and a self tapper in the firewall.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Heres my brand new adjustable fuel pressure, bypass regulator with vacuum demand reference and fuel pressure gauge.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey