Service engine light is intermittent on and off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dtrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban R1500
Engine Size
350 cu in
Hi,
My service engine light comes on, I check for codes , and nothing shows up, the revive engine light goes out when I restart and stays out only to come on again a couple of days later and you guessed it , no code showing. Could it be an intermittent loose wire on a sensor? Has anyone had this happen? It just started doing this recently. Any help would be appreciated.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Hi,
My service engine light comes on, I check for codes , and nothing shows up, the revive engine light goes out when I restart and stays out only to come on again a couple of days later and you guessed it , no code showing. Could it be an intermittent loose wire on a sensor? Has anyone had this happen? It just started doing this recently. Any help would be appreciated.

1. Are you tapping and jumping the ALDL terminal's "A" and "B" ports?? You must jump them to get codes with key on, dont bump starter.

2. If youre doing the aforementioned, and still getting nothing, youre losing voltage somewhere enough to diacharge the ECM and reset it, thus never completing a drive cycle, so your ecm never really learns its throttle position, your AFR readings, timing, maps or anything else.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajiuo666