series1 or 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kramdua

Reaction score
First Name
mark
Truck Year
va
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
hi,
i have a 1984 c10. in the lmc parts catalog page 196 which is dome lights. they list a series 1 and a series 2. since mine is a 1984 it list either series. i emailed lmc truck and they can't answer the question. i don't have the old dome light so i can't just look at the picture.
thanks,
mark :shrug:

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Early 1984 housing measures 2 1/8" x 4 3/8". Late 1984-1987 housing measures 2 1/2" x 4 5/8".

I know that isn't much help, but check the positioning of the mounting holes. The old ones had the holes kind of in the corners:

You must be registered for see images attach

And on the new style, the holes are centered along the side edges and closer to the middle:

Another hint is the bulb socket style - if the harness is still there and intact.

The older type used a bulb with a 2 pin twist-lock base:

The later version uses a tubular bulb:

The 1st series harness looked like this:

The 2nd series has two clips:

If you have to build a dome lamp from scratch - I suppose it would't matter which style you choose. If you do go that route, Classic has everything you'll need:

http://www.classicparts.com/Misc-Lamps/products/366/

IMHO - they provide a much better product than Long Motor. Although they don't generally even mention it, the parts they (Classic Parts) supply are often NOS and at very reasonable cost.

Last edited:

kramdua

Reaction score
First Name
mark
Truck Year
va
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
dome light

thanks so much
i did figure out the dome light by the position of the screws but i was wondering just wondering what the difference in the series was.
i do appreciate the info though with great pictures.
mark

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85