Selector valve removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carpart67

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
I plan on switching my truck to single tank. Conveniently enough my selector valve just went on the fritz. The return line has been feeding into the opposite tank than the fuel pump is pulling from. Couldn't understand where all my fuel went.

Just wondering how the fuel lines connect to the valve. Haven't gotten at it yet. Are there pipe fittings on the hard line or do the lines attach with rubber hose and clamps?

Just wondering what I will need to bypass it. Any help would be appreciated.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Hardlines with crimped on rubber ends to connect to the valve, for the most part. If I recall correctly, a few are straight rubber from the passenger side tank to the valve.

carpart67

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Is it possible I caused the problem myself? I didn't hold the valve when switching to the left tank, I didn't realize I had to?

I still plan to remove the valve sometime but if I can buy some time before getting to it that would be great.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Is it possible I caused the problem myself? I didn't hold the valve when switching to the left tank, I didn't realize I had to?

I still plan to remove the valve sometime but if I can buy some time before getting to it that would be great.

Have you tried switching it back and forth a few times to see if it will work properly?

carpart67

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Have you tried switching it back and forth a few times to see if it will work properly?

Well I did switch it a few times and was able to start the truck on the pass side tank.

Not so worried now I had planned on removing all that gear anyway, at a later date but I was able to get at it this morning. Pass tank is out, selector valve is out. Now I just need to couple my lines together and the couple the sending unit wire to the pink gauge feed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85Shortsquare